Hey, I just got some new speakers for my avatar 2x12... but the screw heads are on the wrong side! I can't even access them because the grill cloth is in the way.

This is obviously my first time doing this... am i missing something? All online speaker replacement guides havethe screws going the other way.
Gear:
ESP LTD MH-1000 w/ EMGs
Ibanez S470DX w/ Duncan JB & 59'
Schecter C-1+
Peavey 5150 Combo
ISP Decimator
Maxon OD-808
MXR 10 band eq

WTB:
-Delay Pedal, 2 Veteran 30 Speakers, Duncan Blackouts set, Reverb Pedal
So what your saying is your speakers are front mounted? And the Grill needs to come off to remove the speakers?

Pics of the inside and outside of the cab would be helpful.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Here is some photos: http://gallery.me.com/m.belo#100014

i took a picture of an inside, than took a picture with the camera on the grill, you can see the screws in this picture.

Do i need to remove that whole big speaker mounting piece (I think it's called the baffle)?

Sorry, I should mention that it is impossible to take the front grill off without busting out a hack saw. I should have taken pictures to demonstrate that.

Unfortunately...
I also have another problem. I need to rewire the cab in series (it's currently wired in parallel). I'm a little confused what I'm supposed to do with this double speaker jack (see pictures). How is that going to change things?

Can i buy a short little wire with the quick connect leads somewhere to connect the two middle speakers or am i going need to borrow a soldering iron

I thought this was going to be easy!!! I guess I am a lil noob.

thanks.
Gear:
ESP LTD MH-1000 w/ EMGs
Schecter C-1+
Peavey 5150 Combo
ISP Decimator
Maxon OD-808
MXR 10 band eq

WTB:
Last edited by guitarded88 at Oct 16, 2009,
Anyone?

Edit: I think I may have the wiring figured out...

I take the red wire from the bottom input jack (positive), to the positive terminal on the speaker (1).

Then I'll wire some speaker wire from that same speaker (1)'s negative terminal to the positive terminal on speaker (2). Then I'll attach the black (negetive) wire from the top input jack, and attach it to the negative terminal on speaker (2).

Then... do i actually need to remove the extra wires (the red from the top input and the black from the bottom input), or can I just tape them to the inside of the cab (not touching anything)?

As for mounting the speakers themselves, I think I will try removing the whole speaker bracket (with the 12" speaker holes), attaching the speakers, then sticking it back in the cab.

My only question then is... if these speakers are "front-mounted" does that mean I put the speaker through the hole, so that the rim is on the outside (the grill cloth side), or do i just attach them on the other side by screwing through the wood (so the speaker rim is inside the cabinet, like my 5150 combo).
Gear:
ESP LTD MH-1000 w/ EMGs
Schecter C-1+
Peavey 5150 Combo
ISP Decimator
Maxon OD-808
MXR 10 band eq

WTB:
Last edited by guitarded88 at Oct 16, 2009,
^how are you doing on this?

Sounds like you have most of it sorted.

I happened to have a pic of the inside of my Avatar cab that I can try to make bigger if it would help.

Here is a wiring diagram for Series wiring, and I think the way you described it up above is correct but you can use this to double check.

Yes, you will have extra wire when switching to Series, I would remove it completely.

I would mount the speaker on the inside of the cab directly through the wood like your other cab.

Hope that helps.