Hey guys,

I am new at guitar, so I have 2 questions.

I like to play different songs from different bands. But different songs/bands have different string tuning.

Some of them are regular tuning, some are drop D, some drop C, but once I go lower I have fret buzz. I went to the guitar shop, and they said to change the tuning of the guitar from standard to drop C, will cost $60 w/o the strings. ( I could use that money to but a Distortion Pedal). He said something about rearranging the neck, or something. But I want to be able to tune back up.

Is there a way to be able to play songs in drop c and drop d and standard, without going to the guitar shop and more importantly without fret buzz. I heard changing the size of the string thicker helps, but I think it will fret buzz at standard.

Also, is $60 (Canadian dollars) too much, or is it supposed to me this much?

Another question is about changing my guitar strings. I learned to change strings on an acoustic, but the electric is so different. It costs $20 w/o the string to change.

Description:
The string seems to go into the guitar. Like where the bridge is. It just goes in the guitar through holes. How can I fix something I can't see. If I pull it, it feels tight, so something is holding it. Any ideas?

Guitar: Ibanez GRX20
They are bull****ting you.

You can change tuning by yourself, get heavier strings (like 10-52s) and you'll do the tunings down to Drop C fine.

For changing strings, look it up on youtube.
ಠ_ಠ
They're ripping you off. $30US is the most I pay for initial setups. If you want it to not buzz, just get some bigger strings but be aware they'll be harder to play in standard. You'll have to make truss rod and setup adjustments though so you'll have to learn how to do that.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I live in a town with one music store, probably the only music store for 100 miles. They only charged me like 20-30 dollars to change the tuning and put on a new set of strings. The cost of the strings was included in the 20 dollars.
Quote by MightyAl
I think this is the real problem. Standing up to someone so fat has a couople major risks.
1)They might have a heart attack, fall on you and crush you
2)They might eat you. And not in a fun, girl-on-girl 'pics or it didn't happemn' way.
Quote by DespisedIcon
They are bull****ting you.

You can change tuning by yourself, get heavier strings (like 10-52s) and you'll do the tunings down to Drop C fine.

For changing strings, look it up on youtube.

Thanks. YouTube helpede me good. So if I buy those heavier strings, can I still play in Standard tuning without fret buzz?
Quote by tsoldier24
Thanks. YouTube helpede me good. So if I buy those heavier strings, can I still play in Standard tuning without fret buzz?

Yes you can if the set isn't too thick.. But the strings will be hella tight...

That's right.. Hella.
Quote by tsoldier24

yes, just the tension will be tighter. try some Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy bottoms for all three of the tunings you use.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"