yea hes really awesome, his videos improved my playing substantially, especially my alternate picking. He was Bucketheads guitar instructor at one point.
Quote by MechMike
Just found this guy on Youtube and his lessons seem pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/user/pebberbrown#p/p

Anyone else heard of him? ..........Whats your opinion?

He's a good player but his lesson material on technique at least is too prescriptive, way too cut and dried and "this is the only way you'll ever be good".
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
He talks a lot, but some of his ideas are very helpful. I'm not mad on his playing/composing, but he's a very good teacher.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
He's a good player but his lesson material on technique at least is too prescriptive, way too cut and dried and "this is the only way you'll ever be good".

What an absurdly stupid comment. There's no such thing as "too prescriptive" when learning technique. The teacher is showing you a way that is proven to work, and good on him - I wish more teachers would take this approach. If you take a stab in the dark approach to picking technique you could end up wasting years if your chosen technique can't take you to your goals - and that's talking from experience.
Last edited by bubbamc119 at Nov 1, 2009,
Eh. He can teach you cool stuff but he's too one sided, as in "play this way or you'll suck" and "practice this way or you'll always suck."
Quote by bubbamc119
What an absurdly stupid comment. There's no such thing as "too prescriptive" when learning technique. The teacher is showing you a way that is proven to work, and good on him - I wish more teachers would take this approach. If you take a stab in the dark approach to picking technique you could end up wasting years if your chosen technique can't take you to your goals - and that's talking from experience.

I don't find it stupid at all. Perfect technique isn't exactly one thing. What's good for someone might not be good for another person. Anchoring (not to anchor, I should say), relaxation, and small motions are about the only universal things that you can teach to somebody, IMO.
i don't think he knows the difference between correct technique and personal preference. he is also very angry
... I don't like him, mostly because almost all of his reasoning is anecdotal. Fair play for him to upload free lessons though, although I wish he'd treat them with the same kind of attention to detail and professionalism he would his paid lessons. Too much rant to too little info.