I need an amp that takes pedals well, has extraordinary, bright cleans, and a flexible EQ. A special emphasis on cleans because I play a lot of jazz and I need something that doesn't muddy up those fancy chords. I don't care much for amp distortion (since I have my own pedal for metalcore and what not), so an overdrive channel for blues and lightly distorted songs would be best.

Those amps with tons of built-in effects and presets are not for me, just FYI.

As for size, a 2x12 combo is fine, maybe something a little bigger. 50-100 watts is a good range for wattage.

Solid state, plz!

Price range: $150 - $600

Please, I need suggestions!
Last edited by Andrew C. S. at Oct 15, 2009,
If your emphasizing on cleans, then you want tube. One of the smaller Fender Tube combo's would fit you well.
...He bolded the need for solid state, don't you think it's a bit silly to recommend a tube amp?
Blue deluxe

or Jazz chorus
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Roland Jazz Chorus.
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
Quote by Matt420740
If your emphasizing on cleans, then you want tube. One of the smaller Fender Tube combo's would fit you well.
Nah.

I suggest finding a Roland Jazz Chorus 60. You can find them for about $350-$400, and although there a little rare they're really nice.
Wow, the Roland JC-120 looks really good, but it's a little expensive at $1000 (at Guitar Center). Any other options?
Last edited by Andrew C. S. at Oct 18, 2009,
I don't know what you're looking at, but the cube is nowhere near $1000. The cube 80X is the most expensive and it's under $400.

I would not look at the jazz chorus series, they do not take dirt pedals well at all. I think the cube 60 or 80 is what you want.
Quote by EL2T
Why do you want solid state?

Because tubes are high-maintenance bitches.