Hey guys,

I'm planning to buy a Squire Vintage Modified Presicion Bass (i tried it out in store and I really liked how it felt and it has a killer look IMO) and upgrade it with Seymour Duncan QP pickups, Badass Bridge II and new tuners. Anything else maybe?

Squire Vintage Modified costs about 400$ in Europe. Plus about 300$ for the upgrade (incl. works). Worth it or not?

I already have one decent Fender bass so it's not a big deal about saving some more cash to buy one.

I never thought there will come a day I will set my eyes on Squier actually

I mainly play punk-rock stuff.

Thanks a lot!
If you upgrade it over time, and install everything yourself, then yeah, I'd say it is worth it. Start out with the tuners, or the bridge, since those are easiest and will give you more practical improvements I think. Installing pickups is much more than just screws, it takes a bit of electrical know-how, but not much.
new pickguard?

I think red pearl with white would be gorgeous.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by conels45
Hey guys,

I'm planning to buy a Squire Vintage Modified Presicion Bass (i tried it out in store and I really liked how it felt and it has a killer look IMO) and upgrade it with Seymour Duncan QP pickups, Badass Bridge II and new tuners. Anything else maybe?

Squire Vintage Modified costs about 400$ in Europe. Plus about 300$ for the upgrade (incl. works). Worth it or not?

I already have one decent Fender bass so it's not a big deal about saving some more cash to buy one.

I never thought there will come a day I will set my eyes on Squier actually

I mainly play punk-rock stuff.

Thanks a lot!
Some people here think the Gotoh 201 (basically the same thing as far as I know) is better for the value, as it is a good deal cheaper.
You could just take what you were going to spend on upgrades and put it toward a better bass...Schecter, Ibanez, LTD, and Spector make some awesome stuff in that range.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by qotsa1998
If you upgrade it over time

What do you mean by upgrading it "over time"?
Sorry, English is not my native
Quote by Mutant Corn
You could just take what you were going to spend on upgrades and put it toward a better bass...Schecter, Ibanez, LTD, and Spector make some awesome stuff in that range.

I just like the look and feeling of Squire Modified. And its always great if you can custimize your own instrument. Is it?

Ibanez are great BTW.
Quote by the humanity
new pickguard?

I think red pearl with white would be gorgeous.

Definitely not) Black pickguard on Olympic White is a killer.
Quote by conels45
What do you mean by upgrading it "over time"?
Sorry, English is not my native

He mans slowly upgrade it. So maybe get one of the upgrades every 3 months or so
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
I would try and find a white MIM P-bass. You can upgrade the the tuners, pups, bridge but you can't upgrade the Agathis body.
Quote by watchingmefall
do the upgrading by parts, like somebody else said, do one every two or three months.

What is the point?
Quote by conels45
What is the point?

Certain parts and basses do not "click" right away, and some just even don't even considering they are amazing on their own. My point being, so you don't have fork over a big amount of cash from the beginning and can control better the development of your tone. Start with the most simple and move over to the most defining elements, like pickups at last, start with maybe tuners or bridge.
gotah 201 bridge.
Leave the tuners, theyll be grand
Get the right one with the tort pickguard or the natural one with tort or black PG.
Dimizaro or nordstrand pickup
passive electronics.

Thats what id do over time.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by watchingmefall
Certain parts and basses do not "click" right away, and some just even don't even considering they are amazing on their own. My point being, so you don't have fork over a big amount of cash from the beginning and can control better the development of your tone. Start with the most simple and move over to the most defining elements, like pickups at last, start with maybe tuners or bridge.

Thanks a lot! Nice info
I personally don't see the point of getting an instrument and then immediately changing the whole thing by the constant barrage of upgrades, why bother? That's just my opinion, but what do I know, I'm not an expert.
Nothing against upgrades though, I was actually thinking of replacing the pick-ups on my Schecter Stiletto Deluxe with some EMGs.(higher priced models use them). I just don't like changing practically the entire bass.
Has to be true. Like somebody said here if you start doing it over time you can better control the development of your tone. And maybe some parts of your bass are just cool by their own.

Thanks to everybody for their opinions!

It helped a lot!