No need to watch the whole thing, I've seen this in many videos but this is the one I was watching most recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztHvsMQLbzY

Now, it seems to me that all the top video bloggers on youtube do this thing where they talk for about 10 seconds and then turn off their camera. Then they take all these 10 second clips when they are done, and mash them together to try and make them seamless.

Is it some sort of way to avoid using words like uhmmm or ahhhh. Is it to avoid pauses during the video? I'm really interested as to why they do this. To be honest, if there's no logical purpose for this, then it really bothers me...

http://www.youtube.com/user/nigahiga for more examples.
Last edited by Incinerate420 at Oct 15, 2009,
It seems more professional than sitting there in front of your camera like a moron.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Because they realise that what they have to say is so boring and insignificant that they feel the need to spice it up a bit with faux SFX.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
because its logical to do it that way?

think about it, if you were ranting on about britney spears or something, and you crap up, you want to sit and look like a fool for all of the interwebz? no

its called editing, some people use it to take out the stuff they dont want to put on video. but dont take my word for it /queue reading rainbow music
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
Quote by breadstick
Because they realise that what they have to say is so boring and insignificant that they feel the need to spice it up a bit with faux SFX.

+1. Noone video blogs about important stuff.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
There's bound to be a drummer here that can help you, otherwise check YouTube for tutorial vids.
Quote by yoduh4077
MY TIME HAS COME.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
^^^See! Told ya so!
They dont take ten-second clips i dont think. They do one long taping, with several takes of what theyre saying, and then edit it down into one video. It makes things shorter, and jump cuts can sometimes be used effectively.

EDIT: I wouldn't exactly have picked that video myself. Posting something like that on a music forum tends to be distracting imo.
Last edited by qotsa1998 at Oct 15, 2009,
I think it's called editing. Some movies have it, too.

Try Terminator, that one definitely has editing.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Quote by GaijinFoot

Quote by GaijinFoot

That's not comparable, that's good editing. This is **** editing that is blatantly obvious and makes the person in the video look like an ADD riddled fool.
Because without it you'd get Boxxy...
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by shadowsoldier08
its called editing, some people use it to take out the stuff they dont want to put on video. but dont take my word for it /queue reading rainbow music

I can't believe that no one has given you the props you deserve for this yet.

In relation to this thread: Yeah, it's just to cut out awkward pauses. I've done videos like this before, and it just makes things look better. Also, the technique isn't to turn off the camera after 10 seconds... you just film yourself doing one long take, then cut out the bad parts. It's easier and takes less time.
Quote by Altoidwithmelon
Hambonicus, that was epic with a side of win

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

Proud member of the "I don't believe in global warming clan".
Quote by Incinerate420
I love boxxy, she's pro

Really? Really?
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
I was just watching a video blog as I came across this... I enjoy them for some reason. God I must be bored...
Music.

PSN: JSniper-
Add me, and say you're from UG.

And yeah, I did make that name up when I was 13.