so, i play at home and small gigs (small bars and studio), and im considering to buy a 2x12 Cab for my marshall dsl 401 combo. i really want to have a v30 , but getting a harley benton 2x12 with V30 inside is almost the same price as replacing the stock speaker...

i also dont know how it will sound with the v30 in the combo :x do you think it will be stupid getting the cab since 80% of the time the amp will be at home? should i replace the speaker ( i dont really want to trust reviews that consider in "yes V30 is a great speaker" cuz i will not be able to know if i dont try to replace with the stock, but reviews of people that actually have done that would be O.K)

my gear is:

marshall dsl 401
gibson lp vintage mahogany
dunlop cry baby 95q, ts9dx, big muff usa, phase 90 evh.

my G.A.S list:

fender classic player 60 stratocaster
deluxe memory man EHX
...and maybe the reaplacemente of the stock speaker
A cab will give you a fuller sound...but like you said, you won't use it much. So idk...if you've got money burning a hole in your pocket I say go for it Or maybe try putting a V30 in your combo and see if that changes your mind
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Oct 15, 2009,
You do not want to run V30's with a Marshall. You need greenbacks. V30 will be like an ice pick.
Quote by tennisplayer
You do not want to run V30's with a Marshall. You need greenbacks. V30 will be like an ice pick.

i played a plexi re issue through v30s and it sounded very nice but i have to agree it sounded even better through greenbacks. can't comment on the dsl though.