Poll: What should I do?
Poll Options
View poll results: What should I do?
Keep the Agile
34 92%
Trade it for the Ibanez RG350DX
3 8%
Voters: 37.
Hey, I've had my Agile AL-3000 for about 10 months now. Being my first guitar, I was quite pleased with the quality of it. (Thank god i didn't buy a epi les paul special II). I remember when I was looking for my first guitar, I was so set on a les paul, but I don't know why.

IMO, the les paul is extremely heavy to play with. Though it looks nice, it is hard for me to access the high frets. I think the only reason I bought a les paul was because Guns N Roses was my favorite band at the time.

WHat do you think? I kid in my neighborhood has an Ibanez RG350DX that he has used for about a year, but he recentley got an Ibanez JEM, so he doesn't really play it anymore and he offered to trade it with me. The guitar looks very visually appealing to me and I've heard good things about Ibanez. A tremelo bar would be a new experience for me too. Do you think this is a good trade?

Agile AL-3000 HSBF (my current guitar)
http://www.rondomusic.com/al3000hsb.html

Ibanez RG350DX (The guitar im trading my agile for)
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG350DX-Electric-Guitar?sku=519415
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Honeyburst
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Not a hope in hell. I'm one of the few people on UG who doesn't absolutely hate the Edge III but even I wouldn't get a used Ibanez with that bridge.

The AL-3000 is a very well appointed guitar and a 350DX would definitely be a downgrade. Just because the Agile is an inexpensive guitar doesn't mean it's cheap. The 350 is cheap.

Oh, I used to own that very Ibanez. Pretty to look at but far too expensive for what you get.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Don't do it. Up until a week or so ago, I owned an RG350. It was a great guitar in terms of build quality, tone, and playability. However, the Edge III trem was too flimsy. It was nice while it lasted, and then the knife edges wore off, the sustain dropped significantly, the guitar couldn't hold a tune, and everything just sucked. Luckily, I sold it for only a 50 dollar loss, but it's simply not worth getting. Better off finding an S320 with the superior ZR trem.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
can this edge III tremelo really be THAT bad?
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Honeyburst
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Quote by Arzon

YES!
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
Quote by Arzon

If you maintain it well, know how to keep it in working order, etc etc, and don't use it that much, it might last for a year. I used it a moderate amount, no Steve Vai stuff for me, and I maintained it VERY well, and it lasted 7 months. Please, for the love of god, don't do it.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Mine was still fine after a year. Make sure it's set up properly and you should get a few years of good service from it.

That being said, get something else.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ibz_bucket
If you maintain it well, know how to keep it in working order, etc etc, and don't use it that much, it might last for a year. I used it a moderate amount, no Steve Vai stuff for me, and I maintained it VERY well, and it lasted 7 months. Please, for the love of god, don't do it.

eh, eh?

I've got an Ibanez RG470, with a LO-TRSII bridge, and I got it used I just blocked the bridge, the thing is horrible. But the guitar is simply amazing in every other way (it's customized though - ALOT)

Although that has nothing to do with the Edge 3, I've heard nothing but bad things. I wouldn't trade.
If i swapped out the bridge, would it be a worthwhile guitar? Because I just can't stop staring at how beautiful that guitar looks.
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Honeyburst
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Your guitar is better, and a worthwhile bridge (OFR) is around $200, too much to spend on a guitar like that. Save up for a bit and get a superior Ibanez.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

keep the agile....
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
I will call you a fool if you make that trade.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

anyone know a similar looking guitar to the IBanez RG350DX that DOESN't cost 2500 bucks?
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Honeyburst
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Most lower end Ibanez come with that trem unfortunately...do you need a trem that bad? Because most LFRs aren't much better than the Edge III (there are a few exceptions).
Quote by Arzon
anyone know a similar looking guitar to the IBanez RG350DX that DOESN't cost 2500 bucks?
Yeah, that would be the Ibanez RG350DX. It's like $450 or so.
Quote by Marty Friedman
You could go used. I know, personally, I have an RG370DX (basically the 350DX without a pickguard) with a few small problems that I'm trying to sell pretty cheap. They're not too popular so people are willing to go low.
2008 Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster
2010 Fender Classic Players Jazzmaster
2010 Fender Blacktop Jazzmaster
Peavey 80w Bandit
What would you be willing to sell the Agile for? (that is, if you want to sell it)
Fender 60th Anniv MIM Strat (SD Little 59er Br)
Agile AL-2000 Rootbeer Flame (GFS Vtg '59)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
GFS Chorus
DS-1
Quote by hot4teacher
are you unhappy with your sound or you just looking for something new?

im way too noob to tell the difference in sound, but I feel the les paul just isn't for me. The main reason I got a les paul was because I was in middle school and I idolized slash. I'm having a pretty hard time getting the high frets on my les paul and I just love the look of the ibanez JEM and RG350DX
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Honeyburst
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Makes sence. I have an agile al-3000, and i love the guitar, but its not my only guitar and I'm glad its not. Can't play frets 18-22 very well, and its very heavey, however I would not want to trade it for a low end ibanez, Hell I wouldn't trade it for an epi etlist.

But in your case you may want a different guitar, but do you really need a trem? You probably won't use it as much as you think, try trading it for say a jackson dinky with a hardtail bridge or something without a trem of equal value. Or maybe you could trade for a MIM fat strat? I traded my strat for my agile lol so its possible.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Try keeping the guitar and spending money on a second one.

Getting rid of a good guitar is something you'll likely regret later.
Quote by Marty Friedman