So, it's my first time gettin' any pedals. I'm not extremely sure what to look for. My amp has distortion and drive, so what I really need is some effects pedals. I hear good things about Crybabies and Vox. Also, on the Vox site, I found two effects by Satch: "Time Machine" and "Satchurator" http://www.voxamps.com/pedals/ . I'm not extremely sure what those do. Please explain for me. Also, where would I look to find a talk box? You know? The famous one Peter Frampton uses. Please offer your advise on what pedals/effects are good and where would be best to buy them. Thanks very much!
METALLICA!!!
___________ ____________

Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sunburst
Ibanez V70CENT
LINE 6 Spider III 15
Peavey Bandit 112
Jim Dunlop, Dava, First Act Picks
Epi LP through a Peavey Bandit 112 (and occasionally my Spider III 15). Honestly, I just want something that will give me a variety of tones. I play lots of different stuff, so there's no telling what mood I'll be in next. I'm not really looking for anything that keeps on one specific tone. But I really like wah-wah, phaser, chorus, those types of effects. Know of anything similar to what I'm talking about?

EDIT: usa, in east tn
METALLICA!!!
___________ ____________

Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sunburst
Ibanez V70CENT
LINE 6 Spider III 15
Peavey Bandit 112
I suggest a new amp
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Quote by O.O Meow O.O
I suggest a new amp

this might not be a bad idea. i have a Vox VT50 and its got most of those on it. i'd check out the VT series. i bought mine used to save a few dollars. the gain settings aint bad either. as far as modeling goes, mine has the things that can be adjusted per effect. i do like its compressor, probably my favorite.

another moduling effect is flange i cant seem to set it right on my amp, haven't played too much though. but the VTs are hybrids so it'll basically sound SS. though it'll be a huge step up from the spider. (from other peoples reviews not mine) it blew my 15w crate out of the water and my ibanez amp. both SS.

wahs
you could get a vox 487 or GC-95 crybaby and add a couple mods. i personally suggest the volume pedal switch and input grounded True Bypass. quite easy to do.
Last edited by blandguitar at Oct 15, 2009,
i repeat... occassionally. i usually jam thru my peavey.
but the point of getting pedals, is cuz i'm tired of having to reach down and crank up effects on the amp while I'm playing. i'd like to be able to put very little effort into it
METALLICA!!!
___________ ____________

Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sunburst
Ibanez V70CENT
LINE 6 Spider III 15
Peavey Bandit 112
Quote by Led Dirigible
He has more than a Spider.

true, but i'd think that a larger more built in amps is what he needs tbh. rather than ten pedals that'll color any tone he would've had.

for a distortion pedal i'd recommend a sansamp GT-2 idk about modeling effects like coruses and phasers, i've never had the nicer ones so i couldn't comment

the VT and most modelling amps come with footswitches
Last edited by blandguitar at Oct 15, 2009,
Quote by blandguitar

the VT and most modelling amps come with footswitches

ok tht's good. best place to buy?
METALLICA!!!
___________ ____________

Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sunburst
Ibanez V70CENT
LINE 6 Spider III 15
Peavey Bandit 112
actually, i just checked the VTs and the vox site and i really liked em. i really liked the song presets. looked like a good investment.
METALLICA!!!
___________ ____________

Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sunburst
Ibanez V70CENT
LINE 6 Spider III 15
Peavey Bandit 112
VT or Flextone. Both are in your price range, if you get a used Flextone. They aren't that hard to find. Most will come with the FBV4 foot switch, which switches between the four channels you make.

I like both equally. As a Flextone owner, I'm a wee biased towards it, but I do have a soft spot for the VT amps. They're not too bad.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
I just got the Satch "Time Machine" and its awesome! The vintage mode is adds a bit of gain boost. Also it has tap tempo.
"Blood is thicker then stripper sweat."
-Ballsuckulus "aka Marc Justus"
Get a new amp mate.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite