Anyone know of a reputable luthier or guitar company that can build a custom chrome guitar?
Quote by phat104u
Manson lol.

+1

Matt Bellamy's Manson Bomber is orgasmic.

Quote by savage94
put the guitar in a big bin and light a yellow smoke bomb at the bottom and put the lid on. i think it should work.
bomber is not the best one due to the chroming going wrong. His chrome bomber is a better example. this is what the bomber should of been like.

And if im right, I think it's Sims customs that chrome for Hugh.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
yea go manson!

the bomber isnt chrome though, they're pieces of metal from a plane from a junk yard, the chrome bomber fully chrome though.
Quote by museiscool
yea go manson!

the bomber isnt chrome though, they're pieces of metal from a plane from a junk yard, the chrome bomber fully chrome though.

It was only the rivets that came from a plane, then Hugh airbrushed it purple to look like a burnt bomber.
Quote by guitarcam123
any good custom guitar builders should be able to chrome plate a guitar.

Thats not really that fair to say. Chroming (even chrome painting) is very hard to do, and extremely hard to get to look good, plus its very expensive too.
They would have to take it or send it to a chrome plater.

I know if I was a guitar builder and someone wanted a chrome plated guitar I would make sure that they would get a chrome plated guitar, which is what I meant. If a guitar builder wants to be a good builder they should want to do what the customer wants, which would mean finding a way to get the guitar chromed. It'll be expensive, but the customer is paying for what he is getting, which should be a good quality chrome plated guitar.
Quote by littlephil
Thats not really that fair to say. Chroming (even chrome painting) is very hard to do, and extremely hard to get to look good, plus its very expensive too.

that's why first bomber didn't turn out right but they still got a great guitar out of it.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
The only reason the first bomber's chrome was screwed is because matt wanted the guitar quickly and they had no time to redo the chrome plating.
Quote by guitarcam123
The only reason the first bomber's chrome was screwed is because matt wanted the guitar quickly and they had no time to redo the chrome plating.

indeed it was that.
GEAR:
Marshall AVT 50x
I got a card from this guy at NAMM they do a really good job. coatofchrome.com
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination