http://cgi.ebay.com/HAMER-SLAMMER-XP-Standard-Explorer-XP1-guitar-NEW-BLACK_W0QQitemZ200386955462QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item2ea7fe48c6

The Hamer Slammer xp-1: is it good?

I haven't found many reviews for it, and the ones I have are either really good or really bad, but there's also the Hamer Standard flametop that could be mixed up for this guitar, so now I'm asking you what you're opinions are.
My babies:
-Epiphone 1958 Korina Explorer
-Peavey Vypyr 30
-Epiphone Hummingbird
Answer damn you!
My babies:
-Peavey Vypyr 30
-Epiphone Hummingbird
I had one, it was decent but the pickups were kinda muddy. It's a decent starter guitar though.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by STABxYOU
I had one, it was decent but the pickups were kinda muddy. It's a decent starter guitar though.

I figured it'd be more of a starter guitar, but if it was good enough then who knows?
I'm just trying to find a good explorer shaped guitar, but any gibson or good brand explorers goin' cheap are gone instantly.
My babies:
-Peavey Vypyr 30
-Epiphone Hummingbird
Those import Hamers are a bastardization of the storied Hamer name. They are mostly cheap imports that cash in on the Hamer name, an American brand that builds expensive and finely crafted instruments.

Since it seems to be that you're looking for a starter guitar however, I think it will suit your needs just as well as any Squier.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Quote by Richmanofaction
Those import Hamers are a bastardization of the storied Hamer name. They are mostly cheap imports that cash in on the Hamer name, an American brand that builds expensive and finely crafted instruments.

Since it seems to be that you're looking for a starter guitar however, I think it will suit your needs just as well as any Squier.

On the contrary, I am not looking for a starter guitar, and am looking for an explorer-styled guitar for cheap, and happened to come across this
My babies:
-Peavey Vypyr 30
-Epiphone Hummingbird
Last edited by DrDeathjeans at Oct 15, 2009,
Make sure you try it before you buy it. Theyre everywhere so I wouldnt buy it off Ebay. For some reason, most pawn shops have them new so for less then that. They're very hit or miss they have really crappy quality control.

My friend played one at a smaller shop and liked it so he bought it but they gave him one from the back and... well long story short he smashed it less then 2 hours later NOT JOKING!
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.