I was told by my friend all my songs are in D. And I write Melodic hardcore... and i was told Minor scales are..Sadder, more melodic?

And i was wondering which scales are similar, and how they can be used to make melodic sad hardcore... I dont knowif you understand what im saying

Thanks in advance
Quote by TV-Casualty
D minor is the saddest of all keys. People weep instantly when they hear it.

lick my love pump???
e|------------------------------------------:\-:'(-------|
B|-----------------------------------:\-:'(--------------|
G|-------------------------:\--:'(---------------------|
D|------------------:\--------------------------------|
A|--------:\--:'(--------------------------------------|
E|-:\-:'(------------------------------------------------|

This scale seems pretty sad to me.
Mah Gear:
Ibanez RGR420EX
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo
Yamaha F-310
Kustom Arrow 16DFX
Quote by Brendan.Pivin
hahahaha

but its advice i need not humor:P

then UG is not the place for yoy
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Quote by Brendan.Pivin
hahahaha

but its advice i need not humor:P

yes it is,but remember its only sad when you make it sad,
Quote by Brendan.Pivin
I was told by my friend all my songs are in D. And I write Melodic hardcore... and i was told Minor scales are..Sadder, more melodic?

And i was wondering which scales are similar, and how they can be used to make melodic sad hardcore... I dont knowif you understand what im saying

Thanks in advance

no such thing as a sad scale. people tend to think of minor chords and scales as sad because they sound less resolved than a major scale or chord. the minor has tension in it so musicians use that when playing songs that deal with some sort of tension in the emotion, like sadness. but ive heard major scale and major progressions sound sad. why? because even a major scale has tension in the scale that needs to be resolved. so its really more about how you use that than the scales you use. i could play a minor progression but make my solo not have as many tension creating phrases so it wont sound as "sad".

i think the more you do it, the more you'll come across little things that will help you express what you want to express. oh, and im guessing all your songs are in D because you are in drop D? if thats true, try different tunings or just dont always play drop D. plus, you can still play in a drop tuning and not play in that specific key of the tuning. just dont resolve to whatever note your lowest string is tuned too.
Im in E standard for all my songs(Same thing just didnt drop the E) except one which is in dropped C, Thanks for advice! (:
I personally like the sound of D minor, but E minor sounds a bit more melancholy to me. A minor can be when used right.
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
try melodic minors

hell, they are both melodic AND minor
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
no such thing as a sad scale. people tend to think of minor chords and scales as sad because they sound less resolved than a major scale or chord. the minor has tension in it so musicians use that when playing songs that deal with some sort of tension in the emotion, like sadness. but ive heard major scale and major progressions sound sad.

Yeah. Isn't 'I Love My Parents' by Buckethead in C Major? I'm not very good with working out key but all the notes were in C Major. or A Minor. Gahhhhhh.
Minor, harmonic minor
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Scales and chords themselves have little to do with it. Adagio for strings is a major progression and thats arguably one of the saddest songs in existence
Quote by tubatom868686
Scales and chords themselves have little to do with it. Adagio for strings is a major progression and thats arguably one of the saddest songs in existence

i would actually argue Ave Maria as saddest song written, but thus is the subjectivity of music
I think we should have a sticky similar to the modes one. it seems like everyone wants to learn the magic scale that makes them better. really it's the same situation as modes.

advice: if you have to ask then just stick to major and minor, and maybe harmonic/melodic minor
Quote by thegloaming
i would actually argue Ave Maria as saddest song written, but thus is the subjectivity of music

Thats why I said one of