I've always loved ESP guitars and now I Samash is blowing all of them out and Im really thinking I should jump on the opporitunity to get one of my dream guitars.

These are the 2 Im looking at:

http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_H1001%20LTD%20Deluxe%20Horizon%20Electric%20Guitar%20Black%20with%20EMGs_-1_10052_10002_-49996990_cmCategorySA-10001?cm_sp=Deals+Gallery-_-ESP+H1001-_-Price+Drop

http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_EC1000%20LTD%20Deluxe%20Electric%20Guitar%20Assorted%20Colors_-1_10052_10002_183578_cmCategorySA817760

I play mostly punk/metal but I also do some ska/cleans so Im looking for good versitility. Or is there something else out there in this range that I should be considering?
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
EC-1000. Hands Down.
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
Your not telling why the EC1000 though. The guitars are of the same quality, have the same pickups, same woods, very similar necks.

TS, base it off if you want the Super Strat look or the LP look. I personally prefer the SS look.
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.
So its basically down to the look? I've played the EC1000 a bunch and I loved it and I played a H1000 a long time ago and breifly but I also liked that alot, but another thing Im wondering about is the pickups, the H has an EMG 85 in the neck and the EC has a 60 and Im wondering if that would be better for the cleans, a big thing Im looking for is versitility.
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
i'm a bigger fan of the first one's shape, but like the EC's color choices. glad it's not my decision
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
u said u want versatility but both thoise guitars have EMGs... get the ones with duncans in them.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by holycow
u said u want versatility but both thoise guitars have EMGs... get the ones with duncans in them.

Yeah I gotta say if you want a more versatile (not saying EMG's aren't) sound then LTD Deluxe do have a few guitars that come with passive pickups that are suited to you. And definitely give both these guitars a try out since you might find upper fret access on the EC rather restrictive compared to the H.
thats another thing I was wondering about was the fret access I figured the ec, (like my LP) would have pretty restrictive access. I honestly do think the H more as far as looks and I like the was alot of super strats play but Im thinking the EC is probally the better choice. I do play quite a bit of cleans like sublime, the expendables, slightly stoopid and Im wondering if the EMG could do that stuff. I've played EMGs a bunch but I usually crank the distortion when I do and I love em, but I havent really played them with cleans.
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
You must try the EMG clean sounds. Most prefer the 81/60 combination as the 85 can be a bit too much in the neck. For shape, syre the SSW style is more comfortable and better upper access. But I have two SS shapes and I have terrible GAS right now for a chunky old LP shape, Better tone and no FR to mes with.
I'm really glad its your choice and not mine.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by continental
damn thats a pretty good price.

Yeah, I agree, give me the 1000 in see thru blue.
A bunch of RG's
]Ibanez RG2550Z
1990 Ibanez rg550
ZW Buzzsaw
Ibanez: s470
Jackson: RR Flying V
Charvel: 90's model sunburst
Jackson Stealth
Mesa Boogie Solo 50
Sunn cab
So what if I got the H and swapped the neck 85 for a 60? best of both worlds?
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
EC-1000 for sure.
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
the EC-1000 is a great guitar.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Quote by DCarney9116
So what if I got the H and swapped the neck 85 for a 60? best of both worlds?

well then u may as well get the EC1000 right? i honestly would get the EC1000 because i like the see-thru blue.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by DCarney9116
thats another thing I was wondering about was the fret access I figured the ec, (like my LP) would have pretty restrictive access. I honestly do think the H more as far as looks and I like the was alot of super strats play but Im thinking the EC is probally the better choice. I do play quite a bit of cleans like sublime, the expendables, slightly stoopid and Im wondering if the EMG could do that stuff. I've played EMGs a bunch but I usually crank the distortion when I do and I love em, but I havent really played them with cleans.

nope that guitar has ultra access it should be fine + 24 frets makes 22 easier to get to
I'm bad at Life
You can do the 18 volt mod or swap out that active neck pickup for even a passive one if you wanted to. The 18 volt mod makes the sound warmer (apparently, I have never tried it). And for the active-passive switch, the main difference is not connecting the battery to the passive. The same pots and everything will work, as will the wiring. the wiring thread is already up in ?GB&C? and it's a pretty simple task.
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.
I'm gonna go against the grain and vote for the H, not the EC. Better fret access, and 25.5" scale. I greatly prefer this to 24.75".
Quote by stratman7
I'm gonna go against the grain and vote for the H, not the EC. Better fret access, and 25.5" scale. I greatly prefer this to 24.75".

yeah this is probably the biggest thing to me. i love the colors of the EC, but i definitely prefer 25.5" scales.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
i love the colors of the EC,

Only the White, Blue and Green EC1000s are $599. The rest of the line is still a few hundo higher.

Both models play very well. It's up to personal taste. There is also a purple H1001 that has duncans in it. That may be more versatile for cleans etc than the actives. It does the brootz well through our 6505 stack.

Plus, most sales guys can knock a decent chunk off the $599.

And thank you for shopping at Sam Ash...