Had $50 left in store credit after returning much of my hardware. Took my business to guitarelectronics.com store in Phoenix and couldn't be happier with the parts I got that only took one trip. I walked into GC because I was running out of strings and wanted to buy plenty of Slinkies. Took me about 35 minutes to buy 12 packs of strings. If there are any GC employees on here, why is accessories always the worst?

On the positive side, I noticed a Mesa Roadster head in the used amp area. I've told a few of the sales guys there that I'm seriously interested in a combo but I doubt I'd ever buy new. I guess I had never looked at the price tag before but it was $1799, which is pretty damn steep. One of the guys there seriously wanted me to walk out of the store and trimmed off every cent that he could but GC could probably never get it to the right price and make money.

Today I go in and start noodling with the Peavey Vypr (kills the Line6 Spiders in every department). I ask the sales guy if they have anything interesting and he plugs me into the Mark V. Channel 3 is insane, I spent so much time tweaking that I barely played Channels 1 or 2. Don't really want a new one but I know a used will never appear in that store. I actually want to give this guy a chance to make some commission if he can do anything about the price. Does anyone know if GC can do anything about Mesa's?
dont count on it....besides.....2000 is completely reasonable for how incredible that amp is
This is a G chord....i used to be in a cranberries tribute band.
Looks like you just gotta talk to them about it. Ask them if the Mesa is up for any lower offers and offer what you are willing to spend and work from there. GC wants to make money and help, so Im sure that they'll try to work something out if the worker you're speaking of is cool and all.
they can always lower the price... within reason. You'll never get him to take 25% off, but maybe 5 or 10. Just go in and try it, what do you have to lose?
you may be able to finance. not really the most ideal plan, but if you pay a big chunk up front it might not be too bad
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
$1799 isn't crazy for a Mesa Roadster Dual Rec head. More than I'd pay for a Roadster (then again, I don't care for the Recs in general) but for one in good condition, that's reasonable enough . You probably already know this, but Mesas are expensive.
Quote by MarcoWasRight
I ask the sales guy if they have anything interesting and he plugs me into the Mark V. Channel 3 is insane, I spent so much time tweaking that I barely played Channels 1 or 2. Don't really want a new one but I know a used will never appear in that store. I actually want to give this guy a chance to make some commission if he can do anything about the price. Does anyone know if GC can do anything about Mesa's?

As I said above: Mesas are expensive. You can try haggling with him, but if it didn't work before, I wouldn't count on it.

Financing, as someone else suggested, is an option... but it sounds to me like it's not a matter of "MarcoWasRight can't afford this right now," but a matter of "MarcoWasRight is not paying that much for that amp, no way."

If you really want one, there are other places than GC, though.
Quote by Flying Couch
$1799 isn't crazy for a Mesa Roadster Dual Rec head. More than I'd pay for a Roadster (then again, I don't care for the Recs in general) but for one in good condition, that's reasonable enough . You probably already know this, but Mesas are expensive.

A couple months ago I was a couple days late to buying a Road King combo...for $1800. I nearly kicked myself that I didn't find that Craigslist ad earlier.

Looking back on Ebay's completed listings showed that people were snagging Roadster combos for $1400. I was told I could get the head for $1700 out the door, tax included. There was no footswitch but I was "told" they'd grab one from one of the new Roadsters. It made no sense to pay upwards of $2K after buying at least a used Mesa cab. I was told they had another interested buyer but when I went back today the cab was gone but the head was sitting on the ground.

As I said above: Mesas are expensive. You can try haggling with him, but if it didn't work before, I wouldn't count on it.

Financing, as someone else suggested, is an option... but it sounds to me like it's not a matter of "MarcoWasRight can't afford this right now," but a matter of "MarcoWasRight is not paying that much for that amp, no way."

If you really want one, there are other places than GC, though.

I've been told by accessory employees that there is no room to move on Mesa's and many other high end things in the store. I know after 6 months, a used item can be cut about 10%.

I'm not doing financing on anything unless I need it to survive. I don't it right now and don't want to take a lot out of my savings.
Your title is irrelevant to your fitst post =.=

*insert cool story bro pic* - If i had one....

If you want finance with GC then thats something you need to talk to them about.
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

At the GC I go to, there's always a clerk where the accessories are (Even on real slow times), I'd go in, buy a pack of strings, come out in 5 minutes if I don't get sidetracked with playing guitars or something.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Quote by Tatsumaru
Your title is irrelevant to your fitst post =.=

*insert cool story bro pic* - If i had one....

If you want finance with GC then thats something you need to talk to them about.

A little late on this one but...

Read the first paragraph.
I don't want to finance with them. I don't want to finance with anyone.

Quote by Guitar2theface
At the GC I go to, there's always a clerk where the accessories are (Even on real slow times), I'd go in, buy a pack of strings, come out in 5 minutes if I don't get sidetracked with playing guitars or something.

There were 3 when I initially got in line in the accessories department.
Last edited by MarcoWasRight at Oct 19, 2009,
generally mesa/boogie doesnt discount ANYTHING for virtually ANYONE... metallica and JP from dream theater.. anyone else and you pretty much pay full price.. one of my neighbors was friends with the east coast mesa sales rep and pretty much said the same thing.
Again *Insert cool story bro pic* if i had one ...

Honestly do u need to have a rant on ug because u had to wait 35 minutes in a que and u saw an amp that u liked but u were to cheap to buy it ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Quote by Tatsumaru
Again *Insert cool story bro pic* if i had one ...

Honestly do u need to have a rant on ug because u had to wait 35 minutes in a que and u saw an amp that u liked but u were to cheap to buy it ...

Well, I could have revived the 5 page thread I started a long time ago but it was so full of idiots like you that couldn't read, I didn't want to have to revisit that.

It's nice to see that you finally decided to read my first post. Now let's take a look at your whining:

1. Do I need a rant on UG because I stood in line for 35 minutes? Sure do. I bash GC any chance I get when it comes to their customer service.

2. I saw an amp....actually I saw dozens of amps. I played through a nice Mark V though.

3. I was too cheap to buy it? Not sure where you got that from. The Roadster was overpriced like water at Disney World and the Mark V is too new to hope for a used one.

Here's one of the reasons I started this thread though.

Quote by POWERMETAL!
generally mesa/boogie doesnt discount ANYTHING for virtually ANYONE... metallica and JP from dream theater.. anyone else and you pretty much pay full price.. one of my neighbors was friends with the east coast mesa sales rep and pretty much said the same thing.

Thanks for the info. I've now heard this from many different people so I'm assuming no one at GC has any control over those prices.
Last edited by MarcoWasRight at Oct 19, 2009,
Quote by MarcoWasRight
Well, I could have revived the 5 page thread I started a long time ago but it was so full of idiots like you that couldn't read, I didn't want to have to revisit that.

It's nice to see that you finally decided to read my first post. Now let's take a look at your whining:

1. Do I need a rant on UG because I stood in line for 35 minutes? Sure do. I bash GC any chance I get when it comes to their customer service.
2. I saw an amp....actually I saw dozens of amps. I played through a nice Mark V though.

3. I was too cheap to buy it? Not sure where you got that from. The Roadster was overpriced like water at Disney World and the Mark V is too new to hope for a used one.

Here's one of the reasons I started this thread though.

Thanks for the info. I've now heard this from many different people so I'm assuming no one at GC has any control over those prices.

Wow ur bashing gc employers for doing there job ... That just provesd that ur a fuc.king as.shole ...

Originally Posted by POWERMETAL!

If this was your intention for this thread then you should have posted in the gear and accessories forum under an appropriate heading like "thoughts about the mesa roadster amp" ... =.=

Again if u wanted to discuss whether gc would drop the price for an item then that is something that u have to ASK THEM about ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka

Quote by Vlasco
35 minutes for a pack of strings is an awful lot.

True but if its busy then what can the staff do ... And from the TS's OP we can only assume that it was busy as he gives no details about it, just that the "accessories part is the worst."

You cant make a thread title about how you want to bitch about gc, write 1 line about and then ask about an amp for the rest of it (in the wrong ****ing forum =.=)... OP if u want to ramble on about random bullshi.t then go and take ur thread to the pit...

And in case u think that my 1 line is an exageration then here it is ... IN BOLD ...

Quote by MarcoWasRight
Had $50 left in store credit after returning much of my hardware. Took my business to guitarelectronics.com store in Phoenix and couldn't be happier with the parts I got that only took one trip. I walked into GC because I was running out of strings and wanted to buy plenty of Slinkies. Took me about 35 minutes to buy 12 packs of strings. If there are any GC employees on here, why is accessories always the worst?

On the positive side, I noticed a Mesa Roadster head in the used amp area. I've told a few of the sales guys there that I'm seriously interested in a combo but I doubt I'd ever buy new. I guess I had never looked at the price tag before but it was $1799, which is pretty damn steep. One of the guys there seriously wanted me to walk out of the store and trimmed off every cent that he could but GC could probably never get it to the right price and make money.

Today I go in and start noodling with the Peavey Vypr (kills the Line6 Spiders in every department). I ask the sales guy if they have anything interesting and he plugs me into the Mark V. Channel 3 is insane, I spent so much time tweaking that I barely played Channels 1 or 2. Don't really want a new one but I know a used will never appear in that store. I actually want to give this guy a chance to make some commission if he can do anything about the price. Does anyone know if GC can do anything about Mesa's?
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka

Mesas are a HANDMADE CUSTOM SHOP. No Discounts.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
they're built couple miles away where i live. the nearest shop that sells them at $1243 that's a good $400 off from GC.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
You just don't give up, do you?

Quote by Tatsumaru
Wow ur bashing gc employers for doing there job ... That just provesd that ur a fuc.king as.shole ...

I'm bashing GC employees for NOT doing their job. Maybe I should have been more clear on the situation but 3 employees behind the counter and maybe 4 customers waiting for help. I've made it through longer lines in half that time at the Department of Motor Vehichles.

If this was your intention for this thread then you should have posted in the gear and accessories forum under an appropriate heading like "thoughts about the mesa roadster amp" ... =.=

Did I ask anyone's opinion of the amp? Don't think so.
I asked to see if anyone knows about the power GC has to cut prices on certain brands.

Again if u wanted to discuss whether gc would drop the price for an item then that is something that u have to ASK THEM about ...

........Do you know the first thing about salesmen? They'll talk out their arse to sell you something. I don't believe a damn word they say. They told me that they could not do anything about the price of Bogner amps. Ten minutes later I'm told that they can cut $100 because it's a floor model. All I had to do was stand around for a few minutes instead of pulling out my wallet.

Why don't you go outside with your chav friends and go stab some old people?
Quote by MarcoWasRight
..all that crap..

I you already have your answer then stop just stop posting...

Screw it. Someone needs to close this.

*reported*