Whats up guys, we're I, The Destroyer out of Pickering (Toronto) Ontario, Canada.

Death Metal with -core/slam elements.

We have our 4 song Demo up as well as 2 live tracks (One of the blogs has a link to download a live set).

--------> www.myspace.com/ithedestroyer <---------

Last edited by ITheDestroyer at Oct 15, 2009,
I feel sorry for you guys; living in Pickering must suck.

I'm usually into this kind of music, but I'm really not feeling your angle at all. Your vocalist needs to learn how to scream consistently, and I really don't think your drummer is anything special.

Maybe it's the quality of the recording; or maybe it's not.
Quote by Camm
I feel sorry for you guys;

me too

Quote by Camm
Maybe it's the quality of the recording; or maybe it's not.

its not. This is just downright awful. The vocalist is complete crap. I mean honestly have you guys ever hear a screamer of deathcore/grincore that is good? Because this guy isn't even remotely good. I hope he practices, and same with your drummer. So generic, and quite the symbol-wh0re.

Advise: practice, get better cause this is not good
PM me about logos and merch

Quote by RU Experienced?
Sorry man, I only know how to program in Db.

Quote by genghisgandhi
I'm so underground that I make up bands and songs in my head and don't tell anyone about them.
Quote by Dissension Band
The vocals are abysmal... as is usual with this genre. It sounds like you occasionally almost pull off a growl, but they need a lot of work or just get another guy.

Drumming isn't very interesting, but it seems tight enough. Guitar tone isn't very clear and I can't make out a lot of the notes.

The problem with what was mentioned in the second paragraph (I'm not the vocalist so I'm not gonna touch the first ... all I can say is check out one of the live songs "Raping the Virgin..." or "Torturous Involuntary..." the vocals are way better live than on the studio recordings ... for some off reason.) is production. The tracks that we have up are just the raw tracks with a rough board mix (hasn't been digitally touched yet). If it was perfect sounding at this point what would the point of mixing an mastering be?

And out of all the songs we have up on the Myspace "Hung, Drawn & Aborted" has the most interesting drums, its just a matter if you can hear them over everything else.
I have to agree that the vocals sound better in the live tracks. The live recordings are far better over all I'd say.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
"The half black Neil Peart!" What? Your drummer sucks hardcore, you guys have potential cause your lead is actually really good, and you guys are DeathCORE not Death Metal with some "Core clam elements"
Guitars:
ESP Kirk Hammet KH-2 (The real deal )
Gibson 1979 L.E. Explorer
Gibson SG Standard - FOR SALE
ESP LTD DJ-600 - FOR SALE
Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 Kerry King Signature Half Stack
Marshall MG100HDFX Half Stack
Peavy VYPYR
Crate GFX-65
The live tracks hardly feel like live tracks. They feel more like the demo than the other **** on there. Its the most strange experience I've had. haha. What you recorded live is significantly better. Apparently your vocalist (and every thing else) sounds better without any mixing.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
Quote by ITheDestroyer
Out of general curiosity what song(s) did you guys listen to?

All of them.

Quote by ITheDestroyer
The problem with what was mentioned in the second paragraph ... is production. The tracks that we have up are just the raw tracks with a rough board mix (hasn't been digitally touched yet). If it was perfect sounding at this point what would the point of mixing an mastering be?

If the raw recordings sound that bad, find a new studio. My buddy has better results from 2 microphones and a laptop than you guys seem to have from a mixing board.

Seriously record somewhere else. Try Metalworks in Toronto. If you tell me that's where you recorded, I'm going to be very disappointed in who they hire as engineers lately.

When your live tracks have more colour and tone, something is likely wrong. I still don't like the vocals regardless, and the drumming is again, nothing to write home about.

I also noticed terribly muddy tone on your guitars, what kind of distortion are you using? Digital pedal or analogue pedal, or *shudder* digital amp distortion?
Just remembered this thread ... thought I'd drop by and mention we have a couple mixed/new live tracks up. So if you're interested in some brutal tunes, check 'em out.

Also, if you're interested you can download all of our music at www.mediafire.com/ithedestroyer .