i own a warwick corvette with a two piece bridge, is it just me or does this bridge kinda suck, im thinking about changing it, anyone have any thoughts on the matter?
I've never tried a Warwick bridge but if you don't like then go ahead and change it.
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115
I find the Warwick bridge to be fantastic, if you use it properly (Lock down the locking screws), and its carved rather deep into the body, so replacement is no small task.
Quote by LordBishek
Vibrators, Schmibrators. They can't ignore my girth.
Quote by Brodie337
I find the Warwick bridge to be fantastic, if you use it properly (Lock down the locking screws), and its carved rather deep into the body, so replacement is no small task.

and it looks amazing.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
Amen...

OP, What problems are you having with the bridge?
Quote by LordBishek
the hex on the locking screw stripped so i cant get enough tension on it to tighten up the insert which makes the height adjustment wonder. the warwick website says that particular bridge brings out the top end sound of the strings more so maybe i should just get some new grub screws and not worry about changing it.

cheers dudes
new screws- cheaper, and you really can't improve the tone enough for it to matter what bridge you put on it.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
You cant really put a new bridge in at all with Warwick basses.

They are routed really quite deep into the body, whereas most bridges are flat mounted to the body.

Go with a new set of screws.
Quote by LordBishek
Quote by cwith77
the hex on the locking screw stripped so i cant get enough tension on it to tighten up the insert which makes the height adjustment wonder. the warwick website says that particular bridge brings out the top end sound of the strings more so maybe i should just get some new grub screws and not worry about changing it.

cheers dudes

the bridge doesn't suck, you suck for using the wrong sized allen key

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
why be nasty cockhead, get cancer and die, i used the allen key provided with bass asshole
Last edited by cwith77 at Oct 20, 2009,
Anything Warwick is awesome. I just bought a 6-string Corvette. Love it. But do what you think sounds best to your ear, man. Like with any craft, stay with what you like. There's no reason to think otherwise just because someone else doesn't agree.
Quote by caenicus
Anything Warwick is awesome.

The straplocks are useless, they fail constantly after a while. But otherwise yeah Waricks are awesome. I had similars problems with my bridge, but my warwick is pretty old. I replaced al the bolts screws etc and gave it all a really good clean. Works wonders now.
'97 Modulus Flea Bass w/ Lane Poor
Warwick Corvette Bubinga

Gallien Krueger 700RB-II
GK 210 RBH
EB Volume Pedal, EHX Black Finger, EHX POG, Malekko B:Assmaster Germanium, EHX Holy Grail, KORG Pitch Black
www.myspace.com/astheends