Hey UG,
I've just decided to stay in CA for a little while ( I was here on vacation with relatives ), and am going to Canada afterwards. The thing is, I lived in Denmark before, and left my guitar stuff over there.

So I need to pick up a new electric guitar, and I'm going to go used, as small scratches and the like don't bother me. I'm checkin out craiglist and ebay (would prefer if I could find something local, I'm in Newport Beach BTW), and have found some nice little fishies already.

I had a Carvin superstrat FR guitar for a while - I played that exclusively for two years, aside from some acoustic dabblings. Liked that one, but I grew to hate the FR. Couple of months ago, I got a Epiphone Custom LP, and despite some electronic problems (scratchy sounds when changing pickups, and occasionally on random), I REALLY liked it - perfect sound, played very well, no darned-to-heck FR!

Anyway, I've been considering a Schecter C-1 Classic, since they're really really really pretty, and seem similar to a LP soundwise, IMO. A little "harder" pick-ups, maybe? I'm a classic rock guy at heart, but I enjoy some metal, so nothing on the C-1 turns me off.

I've also considered a nice Fender, as I played an American while I was in school, and it sounded nice. And I played a HSS Deluxe recently that sounded incredible (a little pricey though.) The cool thing about a Fender is that it would cover new tonal ground for me, once I got it reunited with the rest of my gear.

This is kind of the wrong forum, but I'm gonna be getting some kind of cheaper 5W tube amp, as I don't need anything louder, and I've wanted one of those for a while. (I have a Fulltone OCD pedal to use with it, only piece of gear I brought besides picks and a capo.)

Thanks for reading, if you did, and if you didn't:

TLR - I'm starting a new gear collection in a different place, what would you recommend?
MIM strats and teles are always great! and cheap used too. whats your price range?

EDIT: "always great" as in when you play them and find a good one
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
My ideal range, what I can "allow" myself to spend, is 400-600$. But, I have a weekly income of 150$, and am looking for another job, so that could change.
I would buy something which already has good pickups, then you don't have more costs on it.

Perhaps Jackson or Ibanez with duncans?
Mesa/Boogie Road King v1
Marshall JMP 2203 '78
Vox AC30 H2 Heritage HW
Fender Deluxe Reverb '65 RI
Gibson Les Paul Custom '57 Historic RI '05
Fender American Vintage '52 RI Telecaster '02
Fender American Vintage '62 RI Stratocaster '07
I have a GC close by, so I can always try out Jackson - but my Carvin is VERY similar to an Ibanez, and also, most Ibanez electrics have a floating bridge, which is something I don't want. Don't use the whammy most of the time, it makes tuning and re-stringing a pain, and while bending, you can't play other notes without them going flat, unless you can spare a finger to bend them a little too..
There are plenty of ibby's out there without a floating trem man.
A bunch of RG's
]Ibanez RG2550Z
1990 Ibanez rg550
ZW Buzzsaw
Ibanez: s470
Jackson: RR Flying V
Charvel: 90's model sunburst
Jackson Stealth
Mesa Boogie Solo 50
Sunn cab
Fair enough, but when I think Ibanez, I think superstrat shape with a FR equivalent. And I think that goes for most people.
Quote by Harwood
Fair enough, but when I think Ibanez, I think superstrat shape with a FR equivalent. And I think that goes for most people.

I don't, I think of there old Lawsuit Gibby copies
Contradicted by two posts and a nice pic - I'll take that back then.

But all the ibanezes - ibanezi? - I've seen people use, in person, have been superstrats. And I think that might be the image they're going for right now.