Anyone know the difference between the EMg Jazz J pickups or the EMG Jazz J-X pickups?

i'm thinking about upgrading my standard jazz bass, and am considering both. anyone know the differences?
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
supposed to be more full, because of a ceramic bar magnet.

I'm not much for using one magnet for all 4 strings though. it never sounds the same.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Which would be better to get the deep, bass-heavy tone found in many reggae, hip-hop, soul and ska songs?
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
...neither... too much bright trebley clarity. ever heard of Bartolini?

the X may work a little better I think.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
the standards will work just fine i think the new X series is kinda for total tone freaks i really dont think there is all of that much of a difference.

the standards will sound more like a jazz bass just beefyer ... and on drugs but in a good way
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
For a deep tone, you would probably be better off with either Bartolinis or Dimarzio Ultra Jazz'.

I believe Bartolinis are really quiet unless you have an active preamp, so I honestly wouldn't recommend them.