My plan so far is to double up either a jazz master or a mustang body make the top half a bass and the bottom half a 6 string. both maple necks thinking about fretless bass with walnut "frets". no thought to the electronics yet.

what do you think?
6 string bass? or like...a guitar and bass with the same body? the 6 string bass makes no sense, cause a single 6 string neck would do all you need it to do. the other is not very practical. how often do you really need to switch between guitar and bass without having time to pick up a different guitar?

just for fun? go for it.

i personally think it would be more comfortable to have the bass neck on the bottom.
do you play your bass closer to your chest or your waist? have that determine which gets the top neck
Gear:
Fender Telecaster w/ Vintage Noiseless Pickup
Epi Les Paul SH-2/SH-11
Fender Blues Jr.

Fender Jazz Bass w/ Badass II Bridge & Custom Shop '69 Pickups
Fender P-Bass w/ Basslines 1/4lb. pickup
Ibanez GSR200
Fender Bassman 150
Yeah, I agree with dickm, bass on the bottom.

Nice idea btw, should be sick
Quote by sandyman323
6 string bass? or like...a guitar and bass with the same body? the 6 string bass makes no sense, cause a single 6 string neck would do all you need it to do. the other is not very practical. how often do you really need to switch between guitar and bass without having time to pick up a different guitar?

just for fun? go for it.

i personally think it would be more comfortable to have the bass neck on the bottom.

i have 6 electrics already, and want a bass to dabble on. so its just kinda for fun. i just thought how difficult getting a case might be for it i might get to do some custom wood working there

ill have the bass on top i like it up high the guitar neck will be a little lower than i wear it normally
If you already have 6 guitars, why not just make a bass instead of a double neck?
It'd be a fair bit easier and cheaper.
im not worried about cost or ease of build ive been working in carpentry for 3 years now