I am thinking of going on a busking "tour" this summer. I was wondering if anyone has advice on planing and actually doing it. Should I stay in cheap motels and take trains and buses everywhere? Also any song advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Quote by Sgt Kulpepper
you should be able to snake places to stay if your good

Snake places?
Bring a tent and a sleeping bag and stay in that, that way you can actually make money, instead of spending it on hotels
Gingers Unite
Quote by Nitrate
Bring a tent and a sleeping bag and stay in that, that way you can actually make money, instead of spending it on hotels

I didn't think of that. I'm not really doing for money, just for the fun of playing music to people and having them listen.
Hitchhiking is a cheaper option, unless you're going to be somewhere where there's a good cheap train/bus system. Essentially, if you're in North America, you should hitch. Just make sure you know where your towel is.

You could also try something like couchsurfing.com as far as accommodations go. You can camp too, but that's not always easy to do in the city.
Quote by sargasm
Hitchhiking is probably a better option, unless you're going to be somewhere where there's a good cheap train/bus system. Essentially, if you're in North America, you should hitch. Just make sure you know where your towel is.

You could also try something like couchsurfing.com as far as accommodations go. You can camp too, but that's not always easy to do in the city.

Thats what I was worried about. I'll check out the couchsurfing. Thanks for the advice.
this sounds badass, would be cool if I got holidays from my job ...
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
Quote by speakers
this sounds badass, would be cool if I got holidays from my job ...

I have no job right now...
unemployment!
Quote by sargasm
Hitchhiking is a cheaper option, unless you're going to be somewhere where there's a good cheap train/bus system. Essentially, if you're in North America, you should hitch. Just make sure you know where your towel is.

Wow that site amazes me. How risky is letting people sleep in your house?

-

Quote by Aléx
Wow that site amazes me. How risky is letting people sleep in your house?

kensai did it i think when he went to europe.

Some people are really trusting i guess
couchsurfing is a great website. I've used it many times when my girlfriend and I travel around. It's extremely safe, as you can search for verified safe members, or just regular members. You can always look at a members ratings, comments, etc. It's a great alternative to sleeping in a tent or a motel, and some people are extremely nice. When I went to Chicago I used couchsurfing, and the dude was so nice he let me and my girlfriend have a set of keys to his house to come and go when we want.

He's a great guy
Quote by denfilade
If you're busking, it totally ruins the illusion that people should give you money if you stay in 5 star hotels all the time.

I was thinking of staying in something like this

Far from 5 star. But I think I'll just use the couchsurfing.
Nice bro I should do this sometime.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.