Ok, so i wanna start recording some songs, and I have no money at all, so im runnin on free stuff here, but the quality I get is not to my liking. I no im not getting a perfect sound with my current setup but here are my problems

1. Everything sounds to fuzzy and like it has more bass.
2. I get an annoying sound from amp when not playing anything. (constant hum)
3. When I play bass and guitar that I recorded simutaneously it sounds terrible.

Here is my current recording setup

Guitar (Squire Strat) plugged into amp (fender frontman 15W) connected to the line in on my computer by a 1/8th by 1/8th connector connected to the headphone jack and all recorded in Audacity.

Now I know ALL this equipment is beyond extremely cheap, so like I said, im not expecting a master sound, but what could I do to make the sound better. Is it the computer speakers or the amp or could I add anything to help the quality. Any help would be appreciated.
Quote by buttermilkxxx
Ok, so i wanna start recording some songs, and I have no money at all, so im runnin on free stuff here, but the quality I get is not to my liking. I no im not getting a perfect sound with my current setup but here are my problems

1. Everything sounds to fuzzy and like it has more bass.
2. I get an annoying sound from amp when not playing anything. (constant hum)
3. When I play bass and guitar that I recorded simutaneously it sounds terrible.

Here is my current recording setup

Guitar (Squire Strat) plugged into amp (fender frontman 15W) connected to the line in on my computer by a 1/8th by 1/8th connector connected to the headphone jack and all recorded in Audacity.

Now I know ALL this equipment is beyond extremely cheap, so like I said, im not expecting a master sound, but what could I do to make the sound better. Is it the computer speakers or the amp or could I add anything to help the quality. Any help would be appreciated.

do you have a mic at all? if so is it capable of plugging directly into your computer?
also
i used to use audacity, still do sometimes
but try thi program called reaper, its free, well, there's a free version thats pretty basic and another thats way more advanced but you gotta pay for that, but anyways, i have the free version and have been using it alot lately, i find that its quality is much higher than that of audacity, if you feel like taking the time to learn how to use it, i highly suggest you try it, its much clearer and more defined when it comes to the sound quality
gear: schecter damien 6 fr, epiphone sg 310, marshall mg100dfx , peavey acoutic (no clue what model), ovation celebrity cc44 acoustic, rocktron silver drago distortion, rocktron banshee talk box, dunlop cry baby 535q