Page 1 of 6
So, ever since the Nu-Metal forum was annihilated by the mighty wrath of the mods, I have missed the only SOAD thread. I'm not as big of a SOAD fanboy as I used to be, but they were one of the first bands that got me into rock music as a whole so I figured they deserved their own thread again.

It's too bad they're on "hiatus". Daron's other band broke up, so I don't see why he doesn't get SOAD back together.
I don't enjoy being bombarded with political opinions.
They have some good musics but.
I like 90% of it... SOAD will always be one of my favorite bands, even if i dont listen to them as much as i used to

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by robotz!
I don't enjoy being bombarded with political opinions.
They have some good musics but.

just listen to it for the music, not its political oppinions. As long as they're not forcing it down my throat every song and saying do this, do that its good for me. I never really felt that i was being bombarded with political views when i listened to it.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Have fun
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Quote by the_jackyl
I'm gonna be honest, I like a lot of their work.

ditto

I'd like to add Roullette, and Highway Song, Soil, um... Innervision, Spiders (to the Toxicity statement, although yeah I agree its their most consistent)... lmao
theres a bunch more XD

Revenga...... damn, yeah I'm aware of how its pretty much a rip off of I am the black wizards, but I hate that song and I don't think that riff is that great
Nobody said Deer Dance yet? wtf people. SOAD has and always will be my favorite band without question.

B.Y.O.B.
Mr. Jack
Psycho
Aerials
Chop Suey
ATWA
Question
Cigaro
Needles

I could go on but... It doesn't matter, they didn't produce a bad song.
Quote by Musicalbro
Nobody said Deer Dance yet? wtf people. SOAD has and always will be my favorite band without question.

B.Y.O.B.
Mr. Jack
Psycho
Aerials
Chop Suey
ATWA
Question
Cigaro
Needles

I thought they were your favorite band without question?

Quote by Musicalbro

I could go on but... It doesn't matter, they didn't produce a bad song.

They produced Lonely Day
I like that song as well *shrugs* don't see whats wrong with it; but um people mentioned Deer Dance and that one is in Toxicity, so it goes without saying, I was just adding songs to the list that weren't in said album
Quote by the_jackyl
I thought they were your favorite band without question?

+1
Yeah I don't really know what's wrong with lonely day. That's actually one of my favorite songs by SOAD. But whatever.
Imo who cares if he is grammatically incorrect. Your sarcasm amazes me, its... so much win.
blastbeats? in which song XD I don't think I've heard it, I've always loved their drummer's work though; theres that small tremolo picked riff in Chop Suey too; and haha XD I see it now, doesn't bother me that much
I used to love SOAD, now I've kinda moved on but I still like most of their stuff. Steal This Album!, Hypnotize and Mezmerize were really patchy though.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
They used blast beats in a ton of there heavier songs dude, like B.Y.O.B., Needles, Jet Pilot to name a few. Granted they aren't there for very long in the songs but they're there.
Quote by Firewind Raging
I used to love SOAD, now I've kinda moved on but I still like most of their stuff. Steal This Album!, Hypnotize and Mezmerize were really patchy though.

I thought Mezmerize was pretty good. The only song on that album I don't like is Cigaro, because of the terrible lyrics.
I like the debut, and toxicity is probably my favorite. Mesmerize/Hypnotize are pretty good, too.
Hypnotize>Mesmerize
Quote by BringMeTheCalm
Last night I had a dream that I bought The Mantle on vinyl for $9.99 and it came with a DVD and shirt...

Then I woke up and life sucked.
Quote by webbtje
Hypnotize was fucking dull. Debut is where it's at.

I disagree. Theres not too many good songs on the debut. With the exception of Sugar, War, and Know, I think the rest are quite bland. To each his own though.
Quote by BringMeTheCalm
Last night I had a dream that I bought The Mantle on vinyl for $9.99 and it came with a DVD and shirt...

Ah, but the end of Sugar is the most fecking amazing thing they've done as far as I'm concerned. Also, Suite-Pee.
Quote by webbtje
Ah, but the end of Sugar is the most fecking amazing thing they've done as far as I'm concerned. Also, Suite-Pee.

Suite Pee is awesome, and also their first song ever written.

I like War, Sugar, all the non-filler tracks.

Peephole is good, also.

Toxicity is really good, though, better than the debut IMO.
Agree, I fricken love War however, I also like Spiders, I've always liked their vocal melodies and well... the oddities that come with them *shrugs* occasionally their guitarwork has pretty interesting phrases like those in Highway Song lol
Hmm.. I take it from the responses in here that you boyos are ok with System of a Down in the Metal Forum?
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by webbtje

F*ck that, listen to some Johnny
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by webbtje
Hypnotize was fucking dull. Debut is where it's at.

Nah, mate. S/T was fine, but it was too wierd and dull, especially Mind. Suite-Pee, Suggestions and CUBErt are all gems, though.

Steal This Album is where it's at.

Quote by Dyer's Eve
Hmm.. I take it from the responses in here that you boyos are ok with System of a Down in the Metal Forum?

They were my favourite band when I was a young 'un, so they get my (worthless) seal of approval.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Last edited by CTFOD at Oct 16, 2009,
Quote by CTFOD
Nah, mate. S/T was fine, but it was too wierd and dull, especially Mind. Suite-Pee, Suggestions and CUBErt are all gems, though.

Steal This Album is where it's at.

They were my favourite band when I was a young 'un, so they get my (worthless) seal of approval.

Agree with both statements.

Highway Song, ADD, Innervision... good stuff.

Toxicity still wins it for me though...
Quote by BringMeTheCalm

Very hit and miss for me, some astounding songs and some absolute stinkers. Self titled has the best ratio though.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Yeah I think a bunch of us don't mind personally I don't I used to love 'em right before I got into metal and I still do, just don't listen to them as often