All of a sudden i feel negative about learning the guitar. Its not that i can't progress, is because i feel limited to a small portion of songs. I feel as if once i start learning songs, i will forget them and won't be able to play them off the bat like wen i first learned them.
Last edited by CountryB0y at Oct 16, 2009,
you'd be surprised at how good your song recall is. Sure, you might not get it 100% perfect when playing it for the first time after not practicing it for months, but it usually only takes a few tries to get back to that point
Gear:
PRS SE Custom
Takamine G Series Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 30
Digitech RP 250

Quote by voodoochild23
The only time I'll dance is if Nickelback caught fire and no one helped.
You might forget how a song goes, but you wont have to relearn them. Just look at the tab or whatever again and it'll come back.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
^ That
Plus theres nothing wrong with forgetting songs, if your learning new, more difficult songs your still progressing
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
I haven't played seriously in years since I started working and all that. I started to play a bit more again. You would be surprised how I can put my playlist through shuffle and still play a song I don't even remember learning. And for songs I completely forget, it comes back to you very quickly.

My finger dexterity is another issue
Make yourself a notebook full of tab and when you play start at the front with the easy ones and progress as you practice to the harder ones. Make sure the end of the book has songs that are harder and want to learn. This has helped me put the easy songs into memory over time.
Quote by Spike Strider
Make yourself a notebook full of tab and when you play start at the front with the easy ones and progress as you practice to the harder ones. Make sure the end of the book has songs that are harder and want to learn. This has helped me put the easy songs into memory over time.
Will do, for every song i learn i will write them down in a notebook and keep it in my guitar case. Thanks alot to everyone here, it feels great wen people understand you then help you.
Last edited by CountryB0y at Oct 16, 2009,