I've been taking a look at these and it looks pretty good. I'm thinking it could be a good addition to my rig and give me some more versatility.

I've checked UG reviews and the website but they really give generic praise and you don't really know who to trust. So what can you guys tell me about it and how it sounds other than what it says on their website?

Also, if i were to get one, which of the range should it get (without going into rack units). I figured now would be the perfect time to buy gear because the US dollar has gone down a lot compared to the Australian dollar.

EDIT: I heard the clips and it sounds really good, i just want to get some opinions so i don't make an impulse buy
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Last edited by TOMMYB22 at Oct 16, 2009,
bump, anyone?
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Without going into the rack stuff (even though the PSA-1 is a GREAT preamp), I would go with either the GT-2 or the TRI-AC. They are similar sounding units, but the TRI-AC allows you to save your settings as selectable presets and has a Mid control. The GT-2 allows you to only play what you have dialed in, but it allows you to shape the character of the amp-models a little more in-depth. If I was a first time buyer, I'd probably go with the TRI-AC since it will allow you to have 3 different sounds available at your feet versus the one. But if you are a tweaker and like to play with knobs, the GT-2 is a fantastic little toy.

One other perk of these units is that they both allow you to either record direct or plug straight into a PA/Mixer.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by mogar
Without going into the rack stuff (even though the PSA-1 is a GREAT preamp), I would go with either the GT-2 or the TRI-AC. They are similar sounding units, but the TRI-AC allows you to save your settings as selectable presets and has a Mid control. The GT-2 allows you to only play what you have dialed in, but it allows you to shape the character of the amp-models a little more in-depth. If I was a first time buyer, I'd probably go with the TRI-AC since it will allow you to have 3 different sounds available at your feet versus the one. But if you are a tweaker and like to play with knobs, the GT-2 is a fantastic little toy.

One other perk of these units is that they both allow you to either record direct or plug straight into a PA/Mixer.

Are they both able to get the same tones?

I have no problem tweaking (as i usually spend a good amount of my playing time tweaking my sound) but the idea of saving them sounds good to me.

From what i have noticed there are different Gain settings and mic settings on the GT2 but i heard that the mic settings affects the mids so wouldn't a knob negate the need for that?

I'm not sure, right now i'm kind of leaning to the GT2 but i think i will definitely get one of them. I think that thy're gonna be useful because for one i'm doing music as an elective at school next year so it will be good for recording and plus i will have a lot of tones to use without dragging my entire rig to school when i play.

EDIT: Do you know the difference between the standard GT2 and the Classic?
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
Last edited by TOMMYB22 at Oct 16, 2009,
They can get VERY close in sound to each other. And yes, the mic setting affects the mids the most, but it also boosts or cuts the highs/lows depending on the settings. Still, I prefer to have a knob to fine tune the mids.

I don't know any exact difference between the gt-2 and the classic as I've never encountered a classic.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by mogar
They can get VERY close in sound to each other. And yes, the mic setting affects the mids the most, but it also boosts or cuts the highs/lows depending on the settings. Still, I prefer to have a knob to fine tune the mids.

I don't know any exact difference between the gt-2 and the classic as I've never encountered a classic.

I think ill go with the GT2, I already have the MXR 10 band EQ so if if really required more mid control i could definitely use that to tweak it.

One final question, How much do they normally go for used? I saw someone on ebay selling it for 119, is that an apt price?
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
the behringer gdi21 is a copy rip-off of the sans amp gt2 and does a very very good job for 29 $ brand new ..

you should check it out . the sans amp gt-2 is kinda expensive imo

http://www.behringer.de/EN/Products/GDI21.aspx .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Quote by Skysc
the behringer gdi21 is a copy rip-off of the sans amp gt2 and does a very very good job for 29 $ brand new ..

you should check it out . the sans amp gt-2 is kinda expensive imo

http://www.behringer.de/EN/Products/GDI21.aspx .

Call me close-minded but i find it hard to trust anything that Behringer puts out. I would probably buy the pedal used though anyway, i realized months ago that in almost every case there is no reason not to buy a pedal used (unless it's beat to hell).
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
$120 is the price I usually see them at, but I have seen them in the $80 range every now and then.

one here for $120
http://musicgoround.com/detail.aspx?id=821149
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2