Hi guys,

Part random information, part shameless plug!

I love lists! I love lists so much, I've spent the last 6 hours doing some research trying to find definitive list of songs to learn on the acoustic and came up with the following in no particular order.

Bob Dylan – Knocking on heaven’s door
Bob Seger – Turn the page
Counting Crows – Mr. Jones
Foo Fighters – Everlong
Guns n Roses – Patience
Johnny Cash – Folsom prison blues
Simon and Garfunkel – Mrs. Robinson
Tenacious D – Tribute
Eagles – Hotel California
Eric Clapton – Tears in heaven
Don Mclean – American pie
Eric Clapton – Layla
Green Day – Time of your life
Oasis – Wonderwall
Bob Marley – Redemption song
Pink Floyd – Wish you were here

It might need some work, but I think this is a really good start for anyone new to the guitar. If anyone wants to see how I came up with it, or wants a copy of my epic spreadsheet all the possible songs, check out the post at http://thelifeandsoul.com/2009/10/16/what-songs-should-i-learnplay/

I look forward to it getting ripped to shreds!!
just add Hey Delilah and Stairway to Heaven and you've got the most stereotypical and boring list of songs that people cover way too often

It's not to say that the original songs are all boring, just them being constantly covered by other people has made me quite tired of hearing them. I can't count how many people I've heard in guitar stores play Time of Your Life, Wish You Were Here, Wonderwall, Stairway etc. Oh and I'd also add the riff from Smoke on The Water, that would make the list more complete.
Quote by acjshapiro

Quote by Vrstone87

meh, I've listened to every radiohead album and honestly don't get what everyone loves about them.....

cause you're ****ing stupid

That's correct. Why don't you add some Chopin, Mozart and Tarrega in that list?

+Mellow Opeth Songs.
I didn't really choose what when on the list, i did a little looking around for patterns on guitar sites and forums and this is what I came up with. Which is why, I suppose, it is the most stereotypical list of all time! Maybe that's what it should be called!