Hi,
I have a 1989 Fender Heavy Metal Strat and im thinking of getting a new humbucker for the bridge, and a single sized humbucker for the neck.
I play mainly thrash metal (testament, exodus,slayer ...) and death metal (at the gates, death...) and occasionally some progressive rock(camel , pink floyd..). So im looking for something versatile. Any suggestions?
And im also looking to replace my bridge with a new floyd rose, my guitar has a kahler spyder trem on it but its kinda wore down, any thoughts on that will also be helpful
Quote by Willhellm
Hi,
I have a 1989 Fender Heavy Metal Strat and im thinking of getting a new humbucker for the bridge, and a single sized humbucker for the neck.
I play mainly thrash metal (testament, exodus,slayer ...) and death metal (at the gates, death...) and occasionally some progressive rock(camel , pink floyd..). So im looking for something versatile. Any suggestions?
And im also looking to replace my bridge with a new floyd rose, my guitar has a kahler spyder trem on it but its kinda wore down, any thoughts on that will also be helpful

Well I play in a progressive thrash metal band and use a Dimebucker in my '89 Charvel 375. I love it. Really crisp and clear. Every note rings through clearly with even the biggest chords. It never gets muddy. Only problem is that it really doesn't clean up when you back off the volume. And it only sounds good for high gain stuff. I do recommend it though. And I've got an Evolution in my Ibanez and I love it as well. Not as crisp as the Dimebucker, but it cleans up better and is a bit more versatile. And look into the Screamin Demon as well. I have one in my Strat. VERY crisp. Not too hot, and very tight sounding with a good distortion with a lot of mids. Plus it cleans up great.

Hope I helped you at all!
DiMarzio D Sonic
DiMarzio D Activator X
DiMarzio D Activator

I'd recommend the first 2.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Look at the Irongear range of pups. I'd suggest a Hot Slag (More versatile) or Steamhammer (more metal) for your humbucker and a Jailhouse Rails for the single coil size.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

What amp do you have...? A pickup change won't really do much if you're using a low-end amp.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
EMG's
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Do you have any pics of your strat? I'm wondering if your bridge HB is body mounted like the one on my '85 strat. That might complicate things...
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Why did no one mention the guy that suggested Dimebuckers?
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...