Page 1 of 2
Okay, I am almost heartbroken.

Five of my favourite bands are coming.

Trivium w/ Whitechapel. (Not at Soundwave btw - i live in NZ!)

Muse and Mastodon (Big Day Out Festival)

Dream Theater.

Now because of some financial squeezes my parents have limited me to ONE CONCERT A MUTHAFLIPPIN YEAR!!!

Which should I go to? Is Petrucci really worth all those sick breakdowns? Is the chance of experiencing a Blood and Thunder moshpit replacable with a Possession moshpit?

HELP ME OUT HERE!
Last edited by crisisinheaven at Oct 16, 2009,
Muse + Mastodon IMO.

But you can't go wrong with Dream Theater either.

stratkat
DREAM THEATER MOTHERFUCKER!
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Trivium.

I dont like DT :P
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
I would go with Muse and Mastodon for the variety.

Damn though... You'd miss Dream Theater. :/
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by EuBoat
Muse + Mastodon IMO.

This.

SPLIT YOUR LUNGS WITH BLOOD AND THUNDER

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
From those gigs its pretty obvious you live in australia and if you can go to the big day out your old enough to work

GET A JOB!

a few months at maccas is worth the gigs
Guitar - The true Religion
Last edited by AusMetal33 at Oct 16, 2009,
Muse and Mastadon because it's to bands at that would seem more worth it to me. But DT in close, close second.
Quote by AusMetal33
From those gigs its pretty obvious you live in australia and if you can go to the big day out your old enough to work

GET A JOB!

a few months at maccas is worth the gigs

actually NZ!

but yea i actually could afford to go the other gigs but my parents are actually so wtf they wont even let me pay for my own

and besides i still hav yet to buy the new dethalbum
I'm seeing Dream Theater and Trivium (plus other bands at Soundwave). I've seen Dream Theater, Muse and Trivium before. Not going to the BDO because the rest of the BDO line-up sucks.

All 3 were amazing live. I'd say Muse was the band I least enjoyed, although it'd be close. They're all bands that have different live qualities that the others don't.

If you'd see Trivium at Soundwave, i'd recommend that because there's less shit bands in beween.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Last edited by dann_blood at Oct 16, 2009,
Quote by jimmy_neutron
Get a job and buy your own tickets, and go to them all?

If only that were easy as it sounds. Getting a job is a bitch right now.
I'd go with one you haven't seen before but otherwise dream theater.
Dream Theater
"Don't piss in my ear and tell me it's raining" - Wrex
I wanted to see mastodon at BDO really badly. But the ****ers made it 15+ and i'm 14 so now im going to soundwave. So if i was you i would go to BDO. But seriously, unless you live in adelaide, all of the tickets are sold out.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Personally I'd choose. Dream Theater I think.

Mastodon were very good live though.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Quote by SOADriff
I wanted to see mastodon at BDO really badly. But the ****ers made it 15+ and i'm 14 so now im going to soundwave. So if i was you i would go to BDO. But seriously, unless you live in adelaide, all of the tickets are sold out.

That sucks, I woke up early to buy tickets because I thought they'd run out within a couple of hours

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
)
Quote by crisisinheaven
actually NZ!

but yea i actually could afford to go the other gigs but my parents are actually so wtf they wont even let me pay for my own

and besides i still hav yet to buy the new dethalbum

i knew i should of put 'or NZ'

well go suprise em, get the job and impress them by working and throw down some role reversal with "Screw you i made this money so I'll spend it how I (legally) see fit!"

Orrrr you could work, save up, buy tickets and say your going to a friends?
Guitar - The true Religion
Last edited by AusMetal33 at Oct 16, 2009,
bro i (very luckily) got bdo tix for melbourne and im goin both DT shows :P
didnt even know trivium were doin a sideshow, might scope it out
GEAR -
Gibson Les Paul VOS '57 gold top
ESP LTD MH-250NT
Vox AC15
Quote by AusMetal33
)

i knew i should of put 'or NZ'

well go suprise em, get the job and impress them by working and throw down some role reversal with "Screw you i made this money so I'll spend it how I (legally) see fit!"

Orrrr you could work, save up, but tickets and say your going to a friends?

as crazy as it sounds, second one doesnt sound like such a bad idea!

and btw, FREK i am so jealous of aussie.. SOUNDWAVE LINEUP IS AMAZING!!

wish i was there
Muse and Mastodon, without a doubt. I saw Trivium once, and they were sh-t!
Time is a great teacher. Unfortunatly, it kills all of its pupils.
I was misfortunate enough to see trivium supporting maiden a few years back, wasn't too impressed with there live performance.

I know for a fact that dream theatre put ona good show however you get to see two bands at big day out.

I would say big day out simply for hte festival experience on top of 2 bands. That or get a job and buy your own tickets!
Bought
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81+ 85
Boss MT-2
Weeping Demon Wah
To buy list
Dtech Whammy
Hughes & Kettner Trilogy
Go for Muse, they are meant to be possibly the best live band in the world! Unless you've seen them already in which case go for Dream Theater
Quote by Zero-Hartman
That sucks, I woke up early to buy tickets because I thought they'd run out within a couple of hours

True that, This sort of **** happens to me all the time with gigs.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Quote by crisisinheaven

Now because of some financial squeezes my parents have limited me to ONE CONCERT A MUTHAFLIPPIN YEAR!!!

Work for your money, don't blame your parents for not shelling out cash for your entertainment, they're being cool by doing it for you once.
I'd go Dream Theater, but I'm also considering Muse...
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Dream Theater played at Pantages in Hollywood and there WAS NO MOSHING ALLOWED. My friend got kicked out by MIKE PORTNOY (asshole). Mike motioned to security to kick him out because he was moshing.

Plus, there's lots of asians and they just sit there and watch in silence. It's a lame show.

W.H.I.T.E.C.H.A.P.E.L. for the win
I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer. The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Quote by BlackIce87
I'm not gonna lie, goin' mobile looks like Sebastian Bach in the eighties.
Muse and Mastodon. Trivium aren't anything special live. DT would be good but i've heard LaBrie finds it harder to sing live these days.
Quote by Goin' Mobile
Dream Theater played at Pantages in Hollywood and there WAS NO MOSHING ALLOWED. My friend got kicked out by MIKE PORTNOY (asshole). Mike motioned to security to kick him out because he was moshing.

Plus, there's lots of asians and they just sit there and watch in silence. It's a lame show.

W.H.I.T.E.C.H.A.P.E.L. for the win

To be fair DT aren't really a mosh band anyway, people just stare at JP. Never expect much from them.
Last edited by slayer_rule_\m/ at Oct 16, 2009,
Page 1 of 2