Page 1 of 5
You need a timepiece. If you think this means your cellphone you're part of the problem sweeping the nation. Ideally, a man should have three watches. One for black tie events one for the office/going out at night and one for casual wear

A few rules:
leather band - should match any other leather. aka your shoes and belt.

metal band - should match any other metal. aka your belt buckle, tie-clip, shoe buckles, etc.

If you can only afford one watch, pick the one for the office/night out. I have that seiko and it's the best $100 I've spent. Going on 5 years now, loses a minute a month, and I can wear it with anything (I have a navy background on the face). I also own that movado, watch is fantastic. For the love of christ, you need a watch, and if you can afford a rolex, you can afford a much better watch. But every man needs a watch. At all times
Well cheers for the advice der like, blud.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
haha, man this is not a very good man tip.
maybe i think the phone is the future because it tells time and i can talk to people on it.
can i talk to people on a watch?
i think not sir.
check and mate.
i dont wear watches...my arm bands (u no, like black metal nail armbands) go all the way up to my elbows...
I threw my watch away when I got out of the army. The garbage can was full of 'em.
I got your man tip hanging bucko.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
wow, a watch is basically the only accessory a man can have. I thought people would care more. Checking the time on your phone makes you look like a pretentious douchebag that is trying to show his new krazr/razr/envy/ivy/ whatever the fuck they're calling the newest phone
my cell phone is my time keeper..

trust me, I'd look ridiculous with a big watch around my skinny girly wrist. if I wear a smaller watch, it'll just look like/ it will be a girl's watch..

edit: when I check the time, I dont do the

*gets phone out*

*holds it up and waves it around*

*slight head bob, acknowledging that I have the ability to tell time*

there's often a clock around that I can look at, or I'll quickly pop my phone half out of my pocket if I really need to know the time
Last edited by james4 at Oct 16, 2009,
Quote by pak1351
wow, a watch is basically the only accessory a man can have. I thought people would care more. Checking the time on your phone makes you look like a pretentious douchebag that is trying to show his new krazr/razr/envy/ivy/ whatever the fuck they're calling the newest phone

do you have self esteem issues?
i don't really care if people think im showing off.
i just want to know what time it is.
this is like saying wearing nice new pants you got is being a douche.
your logic is flawed?
I have a watch. Bitches love it. It's like heroine to them. Get a watch. And maybe a laptop so you can write on your movie scrips in cafés. Yeah, that's what you should do. Movie scripts, working on my movie scripts people. Nothing to see here, even though I'm bringing it to a café with the sole intention of having people watching me writing my movie script. I'm thinking of having michael bay directing it.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by pak1351

This is true.

I only use my phone as my time-keeper, but that's only so that I can bask in its cheapest-in-the-shop-at-£20 glory
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
I had a nice watch and it broke :/
its annoying not having one
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Quote by Kensai
I have a watch. Bitches love it. It's like heroine to them. Get a watch. And maybe a laptop so you can write on your movie scrips in cafés. Yeah, that's what you should do. Movie scripts, working on my movie scripts people. Nothing to see here, even though I'm bringing it to a café with the sole intention of having people watching me writing my movie script. I'm thinking of having michael bay directing it.

Family Guy, eh?
Rig:
Ibanez RG270
Crate BV-120
Quote by Bearded_Seth
That's probably one of the most insightful things I've ever read in the Pit.
Grats, TS

Bastard Chain UG profile - Here
Last edited by ScalyGuitarrist at Oct 16, 2009,
There is some validity in what TS is bringing.

I got me the office-style watch and the last girlfriend I had said, "I love that you wear a watch"

I still have yet to acquire my casual one... I know what I want just can't find it... And I rarely go to elegant places... So your night watch is useless to me
Last edited by theGlitch at Oct 16, 2009,
Quote by pak1351

No, having three watches makes you look like a douchebag.
Quote by pak1351

Checking the time on your three different watches makes you look like a pretentious douchebag trying to show off your highly expensive collection of watches.
I like the black tie event watch.
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
Quote by pwnerer
No, having three watches makes you look like a douchebag.

it depends how you refer to them, I think..

if you're showing them off (in the same way TS doesn't want people showing off their phones), theres a big chance you'll look pretty douchebaggy. But if you just wear a watch as an accessory, while considering which watch best compliments the occasion and your dress without drawing deliberate attention to it, you wont need to show off, it'll make it's own statement. Just like owning more than one pair of shoes.

That being said, I still choose not to wear a watch, for the reason in my other post
I didn't even post expensive watches. That movado is even under a grand, and is fucking fantastic. (watch connoisseurs won't think so, but I didn't list any chronographs did I?)
I prefer being ignorant to the time.
Also, does man tip-of-the-day mean that there is gonna be one tomorrow?
A polar bear came to talk to me the other day....
...But then I realized...
...I don't own a coat, let alone firecrackers

Visit my Soundcloud, OR SUFFER.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
I prefer being ignorant to the time.
Also, does man tip-of-the-day mean that there is gonna be one tomorrow?

I've been doing every other day, but sure, tomorrow expect one, unless I'm too drunk when I wake up
Quote by james4
it depends how you refer to them, I think..

if you're showing them off (in the same way TS doesn't want people showing off their phones), theres a big chance you'll look pretty douchebaggy. But if you just wear a watch as an accessory, while considering which watch best compliments the occasion and your dress without drawing deliberate attention to it, you wont need to show off, it'll make it's own statement. Just like owning more than one pair of shoes.

That being said, I still choose not to wear a watch, for the reason in my other post

I own one pair of shoes, work shoes. Then i own slippers. Maybe there are 2 different definitions of a man. One that is dressed to impress and is out to make an impact in the world. Then one who works to bring the bacon home and dose not care about what people think when "zomg he no watch no man"
Quote by pak1351

I don't have a phone worth showing off, the only thing i have seen for phones lately that is useful is the thing where you can point it in a certain direction and it tells you where the nearest train stations are, that way, if i get lost i can just use that. But that being said, i still use a watch most of the time, just cos its easier.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by pak1351
one for the office/going out at night

I don't have this model though, mine's a 1987 Seiko 5, but it's the best watch I've ever had. It was my Grandfather's, that's why I wear a watch that old. That, and being a teacher means I can't carry my phone with me so I need another way of telling the time.

I don't see why a man would need 3 watches though... Or anyone for that matter. I can think of much better things to spend my $200-$300 on...
Last edited by JohnnoEH at Oct 16, 2009,
Quote by pak1351
I didn't even post expensive watches. That movado is even under a grand, and is fucking fantastic. (watch connoisseurs won't think so, but I didn't list any chronographs did I?)

"even under a grand" is not expensive? O_O

i have some nice fossil watch at home. i never wear it. obviously ... it's in a different state.

perhaps i could sell if to you, TS?
#DTWD
I've got a cheap ll bean watch that they gave me for free when I ordered something off their catalog. Can't break it. been wearing to go canoeing, white water rafting, etc. for 8 years now. Still going strong. That seiko is around $100, the movado is the only relatively expensive one, and it's still under $1000. I love my seiko, wear it all the time.
Quote by primusfan
"even under a grand" is not expensive? O_O

i have some nice fossil watch at home. i never wear it. obviously ... it's in a different state.

perhaps i could sell if to you, TS?

thanks but I'm all set. I've already got my three watches, but I left the movado at home while at school. Seriously, look at some breitling, tag heuer, cartier, omega, etc.

Don't ban me for not thinking pbr is very good either. Pleeeeease
Last edited by pak1351 at Oct 16, 2009,
Quote by pak1351
thanks but I'm all set. I've already got my three watches, but I left the movado at home while at school

I'm still not really sure why we need three watches? Could you explain it again? To me, it sounds like an awesome waste of money.
Quote by levi.lydat
I own one pair of shoes, work shoes. Then i own slippers. Maybe there are 2 different definitions of a man. One that is dressed to impress and is out to make an impact in the world. Then one who works to bring the bacon home and dose not care about what people think when "zomg he no watch no man"

I didn't mean it like that

it'd be hypocritical of me to say you need to own more than one pair of shoes for the same reason you need to have more than one watch, because I don't even own a watch. I mentioned shoes, because I thought more people could relate to owning more than one pair.

In alot of cases, one pair of shoes will do just fine. it's just some people's stylistic choice and preference to own a different pair for certain situations. Just as one watch, or no watch at all is fine in just about any case. Some people would like to have the option available to choose a different watch for different occasions, though.

I'm not trying to come off in a way where I'm saying anyone has to do something to be stylish or ..whatever. All I'm trying to say is that different people have different senses and views on fashion, and there's no 'standard', per se..

if you want to own one, or more than one watch, go ahead, as long as you don't act pretentious about it
if you want to own more than one pair of shoes, go ahead. just don't be showy about it.
Same goes for any fashion/ style choice

Hopefully that comes off the right way..I really don't mean to step on anyones toes
Quote by pwnerer
I'm still not really sure why we need three watches? Could you explain it again? To me, it sounds like an awesome waste of money.

You only really need three if you attend a lot of black-tie events. If you own a tux, you should have a watch to go with it. If you don't, you could get by with one (the office one). Everyone needs at least one watch though.

Not gay or trying to say this is cool/stylish, but a man needs a watch
Quote by pak1351
You only really need three if you attend a lot of black-tie events. If you own a tux, you should have a watch to go with it. If you don't, you could get by with one (the office one). Everyone needs at least one watch though.

Ok, but why?
Page 1 of 5