I really like the blues jr but i think it might still be too loud. so maybe a similar amp

I would be playing in an apt, where others don't mind hearing me play but i dont exactly want to be blasting it, and occasionally with other musicians(including a drummer sometimes) i've just noticed in stores that the blues jr seems to not get nearly as good of tone at low levels.
maybe you can confirm or deny this sentiment

its mostly for practice, i just love the sound of tube amps and ive heard people mention the ability of switching out tubes for different tones.

im open to all suggestions, thanks!
well i'd also be recording with it, but maybe i could be convinced to not get a tube... for some reason they've just made me feel like i have to have one...
the 5 watt tube sounds like a good idea... any recommendations to go along with that marshall?
or any experience with using one along with a drum kit as far as volume
I would stay away from the Blackheart and Epiphone...great amps to tinker around with and mod, but if you plan to record with it, I would get something more versatile. Or buy an EQ pedal. I've had both amps and I got bored really fast...The Blackstar is decent enough...but are overhyped imo (and now overpriced due to the $100 price hike). I haven't played the Bugera yet...but it and the Marshall look like the best suggestions thus far.
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Oct 16, 2009,
The Blues Junior is quite enough for that situation which you describe.

If you're playing loud enough to get over a drummer, you're playing loud enough to use the full potential of a 15 watt amp.

Though I'd take a bunch of other amps before the Blues Junior.
Quote by imgooley
The Blues Junior is quite enough for that situation which you describe.

If you're playing loud enough to get over a drummer, you're playing loud enough to use the full potential of a 15 watt amp.

Though I'd take a bunch of other amps before the Blues Junior.

+1

Whats your max budget TS? I have a VOX night train and I love that thing. I use it at practice without mic'ing up. And I use it at home without waking my wife up.
The blues jr would be fine for you.
It's a great practice amp.

I have tried 3 of the 5w amps and the
blues jr has better sound unless you need
a hard overdrive or high gain sound.

Try vol 4-5 master 2.5 and if you think that
is to loud roll the guitar volume back to 7-8.
( keep vol and master at 2.5 or higher for
the best sound, at 2 it's not as good. )
The Fender Super Champ XD has great tone at low volumes. The Vibro Champ XD can do the same thing and the smaller speaker may be better for an apartment, but I'd still go with the SCXD. I have a Pro Jr and I know exactly what you mean about it being too loud. You have to use pedals to get any kind of tone at low volumes with an amp like the Pro Jr.
bear in mind that 5 watts is very loud for home practice, but not enough for gigging if you need cleans. if you're going to be gigging or doing band practices, a higher wattage amp with a good master volume or power scaling would likely be a better idea (assuming it still does the tones you want).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
yes it ****ing well is!!!!

+1

I practise on a 60 Watts ENGL Fireball..
I do not want to have a signature anymore.
Quote by RDSElite
+1

I practise on a 60 Watts ENGL Fireball..

i practice on a 100 watt savage se, among other things
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?