i have a peavey 6505, amazing amp, not so amazing cleans. i have a pod pro with some amazing clean sounds dialed in but i cant use it with the 4 cable method because its fx loop isnt switchable, and you cant turn the amp models off.
so i came up with this idea:

the guitar signal is split, one signal going to the 6505 one going to the pod. what i need to know is, if i only have the pod going into the fx return on loop 2, then if i engage it will it work the same way as if i plugged my pod straight into the fx return, bypassing the pre amp of the 6505?
if it does my rig dilemma is solved!
advice would be greatly apretiated.
oh and loop one on the pedal switcher is for the usual pedals i run in the loop of my 6505 (an old boss multi effects and a delay pedal)
u could just use an a/b switch that swiched between the amp and the pod

so gtr---------a/b box

a ------------------------amp imput

b -------pod-------------fx return

but yes i cant see why the pod would act any different to normall anything plugged into the fx return bypasses the preamp
Last edited by Orethor at Oct 16, 2009,
Quote by Orethor
u could just use an a/b switch that swiched between the amp and the pod

so gtr---------a/b box

a ------------------------amp imput

b -------pod-------------fx return

but yes i cant see why the pod would act any different to normall anything plugged into the fx return bypasses the preamp

one problem with that one man, i need the other loop for all my effects i use with the 6505. and if i only had the pod into the fx return and no cable into the fx send then the pod would be on all the time.
doesnt ur amp have an fx loop on/off botton...I only suggested it because its a lot cheaper....
Quote by Orethor
doesnt ur amp have an fx loop on/off botton...I only suggested it because its a lot cheaper....

no it doesnt, thanks for the suggestion but yeah its 6505 combo so the fx loop isnt switchable
Looks like it will work fine to me I mean you'll have to keep the stuff in the other non-POD loop switched off if you plan to use that as your distorted channel (unless you keep your delay on). But it looks like it'll work.