Page 1 of 2
Well after 2 weeks of waiting, my ValvePower 18w has come, with just one problem, no power cable I'm heading out after \i've done this to buy one. Anyway here's the pronz

Now I've just got to wait 'til Xmas to replace my crappy Ibanez Gio...
Nice dude, HNAD!
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
HNAD Man!

Clips when you get the power cable?
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Nice!
How much, if you don't mind?
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
HNAD

what you getting instead of the Gio?
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
Nice! Def post some cl1pz0rz once you get a cord.

HNAD!

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
No Idea what that is, but it looks cool.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Well since I can't be bothered quoting all the HNAD posts, so just . And sorry I can't do clips, no recording equipment
Quote by TimBFMV
Nice!
How much, if you don't mind?
It was £315 including postage and the Blackheart cab was £100

Quote by samuwel
HNAD

what you getting instead of the Gio?
I think I'm going to get a custom TC Ellis Les Paul with BKP Mules, or if I cheap out, Iron Gears. Or if I cheap out even more, a Vintage AV1, I'll probably do that actually

Quote by Necrophagist777
No Idea what that is, but it looks cool.
It's basically a clone of the Marshall 18w lite

Quote by TheQuailman
HNAD!

Now be quick, get a cable and review it, I want to buy one of these myself in the near future!
Well I just had a go on it for 15 minutes and the first thing I thought was how much it nails early Zeppelin. I played Heartbreaker and well, lets just say I needed new pants. It doesn't have much gain, without a boost the heaviest it goes is just a bit more than AC/DC (which it is also great for). The cleans are very nice, I thought it sounded good for RHCP and thats with a cheap guitar with humbuckers. With a boost it could go up to Guns n Roses.

You should get one btw, the price is so good.
Last edited by ILiKePiNeAppLeS at Oct 16, 2009,
HNAD!! Clips please as soon as you get a power cable.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by Jak Archer
HNAD!! Clips please as soon as you get a power cable.
Sorry no recording equipment. Cheers anyway
Cool, first time I've seen a NAD for one of these.

High five!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by gregs1020
Hey congrats, sounds like a nice little tone monster you got there.
Thanks

Quote by MatrixClaw
Cool, first time I've seen a NAD for one of these.

High five!
High five
haha, mine was £20 cheaper and came with a power cable

But awesome, they really are very nice indeed, and the price is verging on daft. Glad you like it, I'd be feeling like a right prat just about now if you didn't...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
haha, mine was £20 cheaper and came with a power cable

But awesome, they really are very nice indeed, and the price is verging on daft. Glad you like it, I'd be feeling like a right prat just about now if you didn't...
Lol I love it since my last amp was a spider I think the power cable thing must have been a mistake . Ah well only cost a fiver, though the cable is really short because it's intended for a kettle.
haha, that's going to be a pretty big step up from a spider. yeah, i assume the cable was a mistake, i actually though mine had no cable either when i opened it, then i found it in the bottom of the bag in the box...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
haha, that's going to be a pretty big step up from a spider. yeah, i assume the cable was a mistake, i actually though mine had no cable either when i opened it, then i found it in the bottom of the bag in the box...
I'm gonna check now, if it's there I'm going in the bin and getting the packaging for the cable I bought and taking it back aha

EDIT: Definitely not there, ah well

Just on a side note, have you tried a Vintage Av1h?
Last edited by ILiKePiNeAppLeS at Oct 16, 2009,
nope, sorry. I've tried a couple of the other vintage advances, but none of the LP-shaped ones. on the ones I've tried, the QC has been quite variable, you'd want to try before you buy, and buy the one you try (assuming its QC is decent).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
nope, sorry. I've tried a couple of the other vintage advances, but none of the LP-shaped ones. on the ones I've tried, the QC has been quite variable, you'd want to try before you buy, and buy the one you try (assuming its QC is decent).
Oh ok
problem of course with that is that the best prices are online... I know a lot of people, round here and other places online, think they're great, but my experience has been more mixed. Maybe we get the rejects here in NI, or the shops which stock them don't look after them, I don't know.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Sweet!!!
I've only played one Av1h so far, the only difference from the other models quality wise I can remember was the paint job, it was less dodgy. Nothing spectacular though. Still a very good guitar for what it costs, provided you find a good one.
Quote by Dave_Mc
problem of course with that is that the best prices are online... I know a lot of people, round here and other places online, think they're great, but my experience has been more mixed. Maybe we get the rejects here in NI, or the shops which stock them don't look after them, I don't know.
Yeah they're £219 or something on GAK and like £300 everywhere else . Maybe I'll just save up more and get the TC Ellis with BKP Mules. I'll look for the Vintage though

Quote by TheQuailman
I've only played one Av1h so far, the only difference from the other models quality wise I can remember was the paint job, it was less dodgy. Nothing spectacular though. Still a very good guitar for what it costs, provided you find a good one.
Yeah I'm going to find some and try them out, seems like the best thing to do.

Quote by mmjohn
Sweet!!!

Quote by RDSElite
That thing looks great.
HNAD!

Thanks!
If you find a decent vintage you should ask the store if they'll match you the online price or knock you a bit off at least, some shops will do it just to keep your custom off the net

HNAD! This is on the list of things I really want
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by SimplyBen
If you find a decent vintage you should ask the store if they'll match you the online price or knock you a bit off at least, some shops will do it just to keep your custom off the net

HNAD! This is on the list of things I really want

I actually didn't think of that. Thanks

And yeah, that is chocolate lynx
Quote by ILiKePiNeAppLeS
Yeah they're £219 or something on GAK and like £300 everywhere else . Maybe I'll just save up more and get the TC Ellis with BKP Mules. I'll look for the Vintage though

i haven't tried those tc ellises. There was a thread about them on the musicradar forum a couple of days ago with some interesting info, would be worth checking out.

the vintages have gone up a bit in price, too. A while ago you could consistently (online) get some of the models, new, for under £200.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i haven't tried those tc ellises. There was a thread about them on the musicradar forum a couple of days ago with some interesting info, would be worth checking out.

the vintages have gone up a bit in price, too. A while ago you could consistently (online) get some of the models, new, for under £200.
Oh cheers. Never been on MR before.
Yay! Two people on UG now own these amps. Congrats, dude. I'm chuffed for you.

Have you or Dave used a fuzz with this amp, yet?
Nice! HNAD!

BTW, Gio totally rocks for the price. If its got a locking system, maybe it does not rock so hard, but the Gio Soundgear is probably the best bass for <$120 that I have ever seen.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by ILiKePiNeAppLeS

i signed up one day when i was bored. It's quite good. small enough that you're not swamped every day with pages and pages of new posts, but enough members that it's not dead either.

Quote by AngryGoldfish

Have you or Dave used a fuzz with this amp, yet?

yep (the biyang fuzz, which is reasonably similar to a big muff i think), but not all that much. anything particular you want to know about fuzz with it?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
To all the people that said HNAD or whatever, .

Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Nice! HNAD!

BTW, Gio totally rocks for the price. If its got a locking system, maybe it does not rock so hard, but the Gio Soundgear is probably the best bass for <$120 that I have ever seen.
Its just this: http://www.imuso.co.uk/Electric-Guitars/5805-/Ibanez-GAX30-WH-Electric-Guitar-White. It's decent for a first electric I guess.

Quote by Dave_Mc
i signed up one day when i was bored. It's quite good. small enough that you're not swamped every day with pages and pages of new posts, but enough members that it's not dead either.
Yeah I'm going to join in a sec
Quote by ILiKePiNeAppLeS
I don't post often there, but it's a good site. Like Dave said, it's a little more laid-back than UG.

Be warned, though, if you leave your account dormant for a certain amount of time, your account becomes registered as having a permanant ban. You don't have one though. Simply contact the mod team and they will correct it. I think it's a bug or something.

Quote by Dave_Mc

yep (the biyang fuzz, which is reasonably similar to a big muff i think), but not all that much. anything particular you want to know about fuzz with it?
I'm wondering, because I was thinking of buying the amp for a grunge, stoner-rock tone. Not Nirvana levels of dirt, more like Placebo. I think I remember you saying before that you liked their stuff.
Quote by ILiKePiNeAppLeS

Its just this: http://www.imuso.co.uk/Electric-Guitars/5805-/Ibanez-GAX30-WH-Electric-Guitar-White. It's decent for a first electric I guess.

yeah, should be fine. the big problem is the cheaper ibanezes with locking trems, as they tend to be made from tinfoil.

Quote by AngryGoldfish

I'm wondering, because I was thinking of buying the amp for a grunge, stoner-rock tone. Not Nirvana levels of dirt, more like Placebo. I think I remember you saying before that you liked their stuff.

haha, i don't think so... I wouldn't really want to advise, to be honest, I don't really play that type of stuff at all... it does take fuzz and boosts pretty well (haven't actually tried it yet with a clean boost, though, I don't have enough leads at the moment and am too lazy to rearrange ), but as i said, I don't really play grunge or stoner rock type stuff, i'm not really sure what type of tones you need for those styles.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Page 1 of 2