I've had my suspicions about Blue Jay Way by The Beatles for quite some time now. Well, using rewind on Quicktime (suggestions of a better program?), I just noticed something odd in the first verse just before the chorus, something that sounds like "This is like that song you like". Furthermore, in the second or third verse (don't remember which one) I found something that sounds like "Let me tell you the outcome..." and the rest was to fast to follow. Using Quicktime, almost everything in the song sounded like some kind of subliminal message, only most of it was too fast to follow. Have you ever found subliminal messages in songs? Share please.
If this is the wrong forum, or was already posted, I apologize.
I bet that if I listened to the song backwards without you saying anything. I would hear nothing
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
On one of the songs from Watershed, Akerfeldt sings "my sweet satan, I see you" backwards in an acoustic section.

stratkat
You know what's strange. When I play it forward I hear all kinds of voices.
Freaks me out!
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
yaw yaj eulb?
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Also found something in the second verse: "...Gonna believe what *incomprehensible* Tell me later I've got to go, Now you're *incomprehensible* touch/ed your hand".
Edit:, a bit earlier on in the song (later when reversed) there was "...Like a painting", and in the chorus I think I can hear the words Ecstasy and Naughty. It's funny, I'm sure I can hear what I wrote here in the song, but I can't be sure if it's intentional because of the poor quality of back-masking in Quicktime. Also, about Watershed, that sounds familiar, think I've heard it before.
Last edited by jimmyled at Oct 16, 2009,
Quote by jimmyled
Also found something in the second verse: "...Gonna believe what *you should* Tell me later I've got to go, Now you're *dic k* touch/ed your hand".

fixed
Hey giuz...

When I hear the lazy town theme backwards I hear it telling me to burn things and rape puppys
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I'd put subliminal messages like "Have sex with your neighbour" in all of my songs.
Quote by ChemicalFire
Hey giuz...

When I hear the lazy town theme backwards I hear it telling me to burn things and rape puppys

pfft, that's nothing.
I played Slayers Angel of Death backwards and it was like 'guys, the jews are cool, pretty solid guys, especially my main jew man, Jesus. wuv wu'
You talk about sublinimal messages.. but surely you cant take any of that in while listening to it forwards? also, i think it'd be very hard to make afew words sound like another set of words when played backwards
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Quote by xander307
You talk about sublinimal messages.. but surely you cant take any of that in while listening to it forwards? also, i think it'd be very hard to make afew words sound like another set of words when played backwards

You're right, but that's the way I've seen them called on Youtube, and I don't know what other name to call them.
Quote by xander307

That's what makes it subliminal. If your brain can clearly process it and understand it wouldn't be subconscious.
Not that I believe in this particular form of subliminal messaging.
Quote by xander307

Unless you have some sort of robotic superbrain you won't take it in. So they're not subliminal messages, but rather hidden messages. If even that, I'm sure alot of the "words" played backwards aren't intentional. It's impossible to make a song that doesn't have something resembling another set of words backwards that people could interpret.

Pink floyd had a really cool hidden message that you could only hear while backmasking. Think it was in "goodbye blue sky".

edit: yeah

http://msgboard.snopes.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=75;t=001509;p=2
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Oct 16, 2009,
Also, if you play I'm Only Sleeping by The Beatles, you hear the original guitar solo

I know, shocking stuff
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Quote by cam_sampbell
Also, if you play I'm Only Sleeping by The Beatles, you hear the original guitar solo

I know, shocking stuff

Same goes for Castles Made of Sand. Genius, am I not?
Anyway, the weird voices made me suspicious in the first place. They probably did as a joke, it sounds like them, just like Revolution 9. It's possible to do it though, I think, if you first record what you want to say and listen to it reversed, and sing what comes out.
Last edited by jimmyled at Oct 16, 2009,
I do know it's really crazy to believe in the paul is dead story but everytime I go on www.paulisdead.com I just believe it so much.

Edit: Oh that's the wrong site. google it if you want to take a look.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
Last edited by PussyPunk182 at Oct 16, 2009,
it's either mentally filling in the blanks or intentional recording tricks the band pulled off when it comes to backmasking.

few artists can even use it creatively.

it's dumb.
detroper

#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
Blue Jay Way is such a great song. Who cares if it has subliminal messages in it.
Quote by Stormx
I tremble before your enormous penis.
Quote by molala2
and i farted, it was really stink
Quote by italiarlz135
Led Pepplin, you are god because of this thread.
Quote by josh999x, Brick23