Let’s start off with how my set-up is right now. We have our own PA that we use for Band Practice and Gigs, so we play through that any time we play together. I go from my guitar, into my Line 6 X3 Live, straight into the PA. There’s no amp involved. We use a Guitar Cab as one of the speakers/monitors that gives a little bit more of a punch then the speakers do, but that’s it. Now, I’m thinking that I want to buy a distortion pedal but it seems a little redundant considering the fact that I already have a multi-effects pedal that has quite the selection of distortions on it. However.. I still am starting to get sick of the selection of distortions that I have. Something about the tone isn’t doing it for me anymore, and I want something more I guess. What do you think would be the best option for me?

As for my genres, we play Hard Rock and Metal and I have good distortions for Rock, but I think I need something better for Metal. I’m not sure what’s missing, but something that just sounds really badass for Metal. Any suggestions as to what to purchase? I’m not in the budget to buy a new amp or anything radical, but if that’s what you suggest, then do so because I’m open to any suggestions just for the piece of mind more then anything.

Btw, my guitar also is a PRS SE Single-Cut and has stock pickups.
Gear:
ESP LTD Les Paul (Blackouts)
B.C. Rich Mockingbird (EMG 81/85)
Paul Reed Smith SE Single-Cut (Duncan Pickups)
Schecter C-1 Classic (Duncan Pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
Seagull Entourage (Acoustic-Electric)

Marshall JVM210H + 1960A Cab
Only thing i can think of is a new amp designed specifically for metalz. Theres only so far a POD/X series can take you
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by Janicki
Let’s start off with how my set-up is right now. We have our own PA that we use for Band Practice and Gigs, so we play through that any time we play together. I go from my guitar, into my Line 6 X3 Live, straight into the PA. There’s no amp involved. We use a Guitar Cab as one of the speakers/monitors that gives a little bit more of a punch then the speakers do, but that’s it. Now, I’m thinking that I want to buy a distortion pedal but it seems a little redundant considering the fact that I already have a multi-effects pedal that has quite the selection of distortions on it. However.. I still am starting to get sick of the selection of distortions that I have. Something about the tone isn’t doing it for me anymore, and I want something more I guess. What do you think would be the best option for me?

As for my genres, we play Hard Rock and Metal and I have good distortions for Rock, but I think I need something better for Metal. I’m not sure what’s missing, but something that just sounds really badass for Metal. Any suggestions as to what to purchase? I’m not in the budget to buy a new amp or anything radical, but if that’s what you suggest, then do so because I’m open to any suggestions just for the piece of mind more then anything.

Btw, my guitar also is a PRS SE Single-Cut and has stock pickups.

from where you are now, the most important thing you must do is a radical change. you need to get an amp. yeah it sucks that there aren't cheaper alternatives that will be just as good as a new amp, but that's just life.

you can get great sounding hard rock/metal amps used for $500-$1000. and then you won't be needing any more radical changes for a while.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by UnsignedRecords
from where you are now, the most important thing you must do is a radical change. you need to get an amp. yeah it sucks that there aren't cheaper alternatives that will be just as good as a new amp, but that's just life.

you can get great sounding hard rock/metal amps used for $500-$1000. and then you won't be needing any more radical changes for a while.

Yeah this. and omg u hv a Mark IV *drooooooolzzzzz*
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
You reallllllyy need an amp...... theres a reason the pros dont just do it your way... i mean you could continue doing that until you get more money but an amp is a must havve
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
Quote by leony03
Yeah this. and omg u hv a Mark IV *drooooooolzzzzz*

Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
B-52 At-112@! Nao!
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Alright then, what would be a great sounding amp for Hard Rock / Metal with still good sounding cleans (with preferably a footswitch)
Gear:
ESP LTD Les Paul (Blackouts)
B.C. Rich Mockingbird (EMG 81/85)
Paul Reed Smith SE Single-Cut (Duncan Pickups)
Schecter C-1 Classic (Duncan Pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
Seagull Entourage (Acoustic-Electric)

Marshall JVM210H + 1960A Cab
haha, i am going to offer you some help just because you sigged me. i dont even remember saying it, but im glad someone sigged me.

anyway, maybe try an egnator tourmaster, some used mesas. (single rec, mark III, f series).
peavey XXX, JSX, and 5150.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.