I recently joined a new band where I am the only guitarist. So I invested in buying two cabinets. I supposed this question is only relative to people familiar with the gear but what the hell.

I am currently running a peavy 5150II, with a mesa rectifier cabinet, and a marshall 1960 cabinet. And I was curious as to what the correct way to run this is (Impedance)

PLEASE HELP!
Does either cabinet have an ohm switch on the rear?

EDIT: ^ the head is switchable between 4, 8 and 16 ohms
are the speakers in both cabs the same impedance. if not you can`t do it. if you running to 16 ohm cabs you set the impedance to 8 ohm, two 8 ohm cabs set to 4 ohm etc..
Quote by ibanezgod1973
are the speakers in both cabs the same impedance. if not you can`t do it. if you running to 16 ohm cabs you set the impedance to 8 ohm, two 8 ohm cabs set to 4 ohm etc..

This
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
Ok the amp switches from 4, 8, 16. The marshall has two inputs, 1 4 ohm, and 1 16 ohm, and stereo mode both inputs are 8 ohm.

The mesa has two 4 ohm and one 8 ohm, and one output.

Could I run a speaker cable out of the mesa into the marshall and daisy chain them?

And if I were to do this incorrectly, what would happen? And whats the best Incorrect way to do this? haha

Thank you for the help!!!
Incorrect impedance can fry transformers...and I don't think its possible to run these cabinets together. If you set both cabs to 16ohm (which you can't on the mesa), you'd use 8ohm on the head....if both cabs could be set to 8ohms (which the marshall can't with ALL 4 speakers running, just 2), you would set the head to 4ohms. And running both cabs with 4ohm impedance would make a 2ohm load, which is too low for the head.

I'd figure out which one you like the best...and sell the other one to fund an identical cab to the one you like the most
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Oct 16, 2009,
**** my life. Well for the time being could I run the marshall at half power just to have the 8 ohm situation?
Quote by xthebrokenvowx
**** my life. Well for the time being could I run the marshall at half power just to have the 8 ohm situation?

Yeah you could do that. Just set the Marshall to stereo (8ohm) and use the 8ohm input on the Mesa. Be sure to set your amp to 4ohm. You will just be running 2 of the speakers in the Marshall. But, you could rewire one too like mentioned above.