Hey, I'm thinking of getting the Electro Harmonix Worm Vibrato/Tremolo Pedal as my tremolo pedal but was wondering what you guys make of this pedal with regards to quality of sound and ease of use etc?

Thanks a lot.
Jack.
Haven't played it myself, but heard nothing but good things about it and it's supposed to be a cheaper version of a Hughes and Kettner Rotosphere (£400) which is meant to be a great Leslie Simulator. Dunno if that helps at all.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
XO or big box?

I have the big box version. There is some background noise to this pedal. Especially the tremolo and vibrato settings. I use a power conditioner and it lowers it, but doesn't get rid of it completely.

While the tremolo isn't that versatile. You get 3 other effects, vibrato, 2-stage phaser, and autowah. The vibrato isn't bad. You have a 2-stage phaser and an autowah. The last two, phaser and autowah, can be switched to manual mode. Which will then make the autowah be more of a fixed wah. The fixed position phaser is hard to describe.

The 2-stage phaser is very close to a uni-vibe effect. You can get a pretty convincing leslie/vibe. Especially in a band mix.

If you are looking for a versatile tremolo. I wouldn't go with the Worm. I'd look at the EHX Pulsar XO or the Seymour Duncan Shape Shifter.

One thing that I love to do with this pedal is, run it after a distortion in the manual wah mode. You can tweak it to get a really lo-fi dirt tone.

The XO version comes with an expression jack. I haven't used an expression pedal with it, but it sounds like a cool idea. Plus the XO Worm has less background noise than the big box.

If you do go with a big box Worm. Some have tried a higher voltage adapter. Which helps lower the background noise. I have never tried this, so I don't know first hand.
Last edited by The Real Ming at Oct 16, 2009,
Quote by The Real Ming
XO or big box?

I have the big box version. There is some background noise to this pedal. Especially the tremolo and vibrato settings. I use a power conditioner and it lowers it, but doesn't get rid of it completely.

While the tremolo isn't that versatile. You get 3 other effects, vibrato, 2-stage phaser, and autowah. The vibrato isn't bad. You have a 2-stage phaser and an autowah. The last two, phaser and autowah, can be switched to manual mode. Which will then make the autowah be more of a fixed wah. The fixed position phaser is hard to describe.

The 2-stage phaser is very close to a uni-vibe effect. You can get a pretty convincing leslie/vibe. Especially in a band mix.

If you are looking for a versatile tremolo. I wouldn't go with the Worm. I'd look at the EHX Pulsar XO or the Seymour Duncan Shape Shifter.

One thing that I love to do with this pedal is, run it after a distortion in the manual wah mode. You can tweak it to get a really lo-fi dirt tone.

The XO version comes with an expression jack. I haven't used an expression pedal with it, but it sounds like a cool idea. Plus the XO Worm has less background noise than the big box.

If you do go with a big box Worm. Some have tried a higher voltage adapter. Which helps lower the background noise. I have never tried this, so I don't know first hand.

Yeh I've looked at the Pulsar and it looks very versatile and I'm likely to get that now tbh!! Looks simple yet great too!
Thanks