Two custom made single coils, neck is alnico 5/2 pole pieces, middle is alnico 3, sounds unreal. The bridge pickup is a seymour duncan alnico 2 stag mag. flamed birch top, mahogany back. paduak/quartered curly maple neck, birds eye maple fretboard. Everything about this guitar with the exception of the top was scrap wood. the mahogany was loaded with kiln cracks, but i just glued the birch over it, so those arent visible. the paduak had checks right down the middle, so i chopped off the sides and made up the missing space with a piece of maple i had laying around. the birds eye board had green mineral streaks, which strangely sanded through during the radiusing of the fretboard. came out to be a snazzy little guitar.

the tone is outrageously fat, the body is over 2'' thick, but very hollowed, weight isnt bad. the neck is fairly thin and flat. nice tight neck pocket fit as always, five way switch, 250k pots, its good stuff.
wow, nice.

I'm not too huge on the single coil mounting rings, and I think it'd look a little better with slightly smaller fret markers, but those are just little details... doesn't stop it from being pretty sexy
****t doooode, thats hot, i want a thinline tele but hate the scratchplate so I love ones without scratchplates :P
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
I gotta say, this "guitar" isn't really my cup of tea.

First of all, why would you just leave the wood bare? Since you didn't finish it, the wood will probably rot within about a month. Also, the neck wood is clearly sub-par because it's spalted and thus: inherently weak. It's a miracle that it hasn't snapped by now. Not to mention that this style of body is renowned for it's cheapness (lots of Squiers are made with hollowed out bits to keep costs down), and "thin" tone (hence the name "thinline")

It's great that you took the first step in guitar building, but I think you could use a bit of advice from the forums to help you out on your next build.

In case anyone couldn't tell, all of that was complete bull ****. I love the build man, especially the look of the gold hardware on the uber-glossy finish. Great work
^ for a minute I was like, Dude, shut up. This is Kyle. he knows what he's doing. Then I saw the last bit and just went Nice one Tyler.

Kyle, I love this. Padauk/maple lam looks godly good.
Quote by Baby Joel
^ for a minute I was like, Dude, shut up. This is Kyle. he knows what he's doing. Then I saw the last bit and just went Nice one Tyler.

Kyle, I love this. Padauk/maple lam looks godly good.

yeah... only thing is that's not my name
Reverse headstock on a Tele.....that's so METAL!!!!!

Great build..i like it.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Man! that is a nice looking pile of scraps!!! I hope mine turns out to be as nice. I am contemplating not using a picguard now even though I just bought a nice rosewood ont to match my fretboard...
Ibanez GAX70 Black
Peavey Transtube EFX
Homemade Pedalboard:
-Boss PW-10
-Boss TU-2
-Boss MT-2(soon to be modded)
-Ibanez TS7(Garpatmodded)
-Peavey amp pedal/switch
Only thing i would change is add block inlays like the old fender basses. but i love the top on that thing. its a lovely tele
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
Quote by Schism1985
yeah... only thing is that's not my name

Sorry Hunter, I got your name confused with 'Scowmoo'. Sorry.
That looks awesome man
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
Amazing, Kyle!
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
awesome guitar. Love the top on it.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination