I have a retarded 15 watt Vypyr, and while it's not bad, the speaker sucks and it's a very basic amp, so I was planning on grabbing a 30 watt or 75 watt vypyr, which has a 12 inch Blue Marvel speaker apparently, as opposed to my current no-name 8". But in addition to that I need 2 other things: a noise gate to make sure the vypyr's crazy distortion doesn't get out of hand for me, and a pitch shifter, because my guitar is an extremely cheap Ibanez Gio GRX20 with a tremolo bridge, and since I play different songs in so many different tunings, it's a real bitch to switch tunings all the time, especially with the tremolo bridge.

So I was wondering, to go along with my higher-watt vypyr, what multi-effects pedal would be the best (and cheapest) with at least a decent noise gate and good pitch shifter? I say cheap because I can't afford anything expensive-I'm talking maybe around $100 or less. I was thinking about one of those zoom pedals but they seem kind of obscure and idk how good the pitch shifter is, and I don't think it has a noise gate either.
I hate to burst your bubble... but there isn't really a pitch shifter that's going to allow you to just play in different tunings without actually tuning down. Most pitch shifters I've used have a hard time shifting more than one note. The best I've used is the POG, but it still in no way sounds natural. It's pretty good for single notes though.

Also... For your budget. I don't have any suggestions
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
The morpheus droptune pedal is the only pedal I know that will allow you to do what you're asking....

for a noise gate...ISP Decimator wins hands down in my book.

Also, outside effects pedals/processors going through a modeling amp usually sound terrible.
I used to have a Zoom G1X, it had an excellent noise gate (the Zoom Noise Reduction-thing) and a decent sounding whammy pedal and pitch shifter/harmonizer that could shift up to an octave, you can get them new for about $90 CAD. Had tons of other effects and alot of really kickass distortion sounds too, I wish I didn't lose it . When I have the money I'm going to buy a G2.1u so I can record via USB with it.

EDIT: Apparently I typed pitch shitter instead of shifter.
Last edited by CloudsofGrass at Oct 16, 2009,
I'm sure there's a few because the vypyr has a built-in one, it's just that it comes post-amp so it makes the tone sound like poop. But it simply shifts the signal down however many half-steps you specify, so all I have to do is tune my guitar to drop d, then I can click down a few times to drop c for children of bodom, drop b for slipknot or machine head, drop a for other stuff etc etc.

EDIT: yea, that's what I was talking about. And I didn't know it had a noise gate, that's good, I might go with that then. I'll test it all out in the music store first though just to make sure it doesn't sound bad...
Last edited by omegamuff1n at Oct 16, 2009,
Quote by eyebanez333
The morpheus droptune pedal is the only pedal I know that will allow you to do what you're asking....

for a noise gate...ISP Decimator wins hands down in my book.

Also, outside effects pedals/processors going through a modeling amp usually sound terrible.

the Droptune is a POS. the tracking isn't much better than the Whammy's tracking.

TS, your best bet would be to get a Micro POG and an MXR Smart Gate or an ISP Decimator.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
But the micro pog is not what I'm looking for... I'm looking for somehing that will shift my pitch down, say, 3 half steps, to get to drop b maybe, if I'm physically tuned to drop d. I don't want a whole octave, I'm not trying to turn my guitar into a bass.