Hey. I'm looking at my vintage les paul and thinking about buying a couple of seymour duncan humbuckers. The problem is that my les paul currently has soapbars attached. Since i never really taken too much interest I am now wondering if its the same underneath?

So my question is: Can i with ease remove my soapbars and attach a couple of Humbuckers just as easy? or is there a difference in the way the Soapbar and humbucker is attached?

-jannick
generally humbuckers are larger than soapbars so you might have to get bigger slots :S but i'm not sure.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Soapbars are wide. It takes a lot of care to get it so the humbucker rings cover the routing at soapbat width but it has been done with success. (Neil Young's Ole Black was a '56 Goldtop)
Now. What are your soapbars? And is it a vintage Gibson or a Vintage brand. I am on the lookout for old Gibson pups of that size.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

okay thanks a lot. i'll give it a try.
Its a Vintage brand. unfortunately.
Okay, not to worry. Now, save yourself a fortune and put some IronGear pups in. Rolling Mills for PAF tones or Hot Slags for screaming power. At £25 each you can't go far wrong.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x