Anyone know the differences in these pedals? Does anyone own either of them? I'm looking at getting one of them, but I don't know which one yet, probably the skumstortion since I mostly play high gain metal but I would imagine the body rot II isn't too far off the levels off the skumstortion and would be a little more versatile?

Discuss.
the Skumstortion is much more darkr sounding than the Body Rot II
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by Laslow
reckon it'd handle the chugga chugga stuff better?

its built for that
feel free to add me
well i guess the deal is done then, would gain anything from having the body rot though? is it just lower gain and has its own eq?
never tired the body rot

watch Protone's Skumstortion & Body Rot II demo video
feel free to add me
judging by the names, they're both aimed at low gain overdrive. The skumstortion sounds like it might be aimed at polite jazz, the body rot at blues, perhaps?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
judging by the names, they're both aimed at low gain overdrive. The skumstortion sounds like it might be aimed at polite jazz, the body rot at blues, perhaps?

this was so unhelpful, and so funny. you remind me of me.

I've never heard of them, to be honest. Do you have a link?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Body Rot II is gonna have a bit more Thrash tone and bite over the Skum's lowend thump and modern gain drive. Those would be the major differences..

Also my guess is the Skumstortion took the place of the Original Body Rot which I did own and it sounds exactly like it. And they took the Body Rot II to a different avenue and made it more versatile and toning it down a bit.

So if you want chugga you cant beat a Skumstortion or Original Body Rot
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Oct 16, 2009,
thanks for the link, they look quite nice, but obviously i haven't tried them and that's by no means a recommendation
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
reckon I'm gonna get a skumstortion, but I won't be able to afford it for a while, i'll let everyone know what it's like when i get one
it said on the website that soundsgreat were dealers, but i'm guessing you're miles away from manchester...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah, i'll find one somehow, gotta wait til 8th of december for monies though

can't wait
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?