I personally like the amp, but i have come across some reviews about it that make it sound like a piece; Any input?
its p00p
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
It's EXTREMELY average.
Like, you could do better for the price.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
if it's the one i tried, i thought it sounded like ass.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
any suggestions for a better sounding amp for metal thats within the 500 dollar price range?
Quote by s2ert
any suggestions for a better sounding amp for metal thats within the 500 dollar price range?

check my thread and answer the questions
feel free to add me
Quote by s2ert

check out Randall amps, they have some good affordable amps for metal

the RG75 was one I was looking into buying before I decided I wanted to build an amp
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Oct 16, 2009,
Quote by s2ert

Only about a million. If you really want to shatter windows, get a used Mesa Boogie 50 Cal ... I got mine used for $499.99. I ended up selling it because it was way too loud for my apartment, but it's like a little Marshall stack.

Also, there are several brands that make great low-wattage tube amps that will sound awesome with a high-gain pedal in front of them. I usually recommend that route, as 15 watts of tube power is enough to play over any drummer at a small venue.
This should narrow it down.
Im lookin for a half stack only.
Around the 500 dollar price range new.
Im not sure if what i saw was the mesa boogie 50 cal or not but ill research it further.
Any other suggestions?
go for the mesa

BUT why a half stack?
feel free to add me
You won't be able to afford a decent half stack with 500, let alone a new one. Absolutely no chance. If you want something that is new and actually any good in that price range you will have to go for a combo (or maybe one of those mini stacks that aren't any bigger than a combo anyway).
because people dont tend to take bands seriously around here without anything less than halfs
is ridiculous i know but thats what im dealin with.
but my views are startin to change with discussion; whats yalls suggestion for a good tech death metal rig on a tight budget?
I have one, and I love it. Honestly. Incredi-cleans, a fine overdrive, fantastic EQ, spring reverb, a 12 inch speaker for 100 dollars? Hell, its a terrific deal

oh nvm, youre talking about the bigger ones...in that case, yes, there are far better ones
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Last edited by alexdoabismo at Oct 16, 2009,
Well, they must be making up for something they don't have.

Seriously though, if they won't take you seriously unless you have a half stack, then it sounds to me like your town is full of noobs with spider half stacks and "Marshall half stacks" aka an mg half stack. So, grow some balls, buy a combo, show them what you can do with a nice combo rather than a crappy solid state half stack.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
The go to brand for cheap metal amps is usually Randall, this one for example:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=582327

I have no experience with this specific model though. Could someone else elaborate on it?

Alternatively, this is a popular choice for metal also:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/B52-60Watt-1x12-Tube-Combo?sku=480046

If at all possible, I'd suggest saving up a tad more and getting a Flextone:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-Flextone-III-XL-2x12-Stereo-Combo-Amp?sku=482242#used
It's a modeller and therefore extremely versatile, and imo one of the best amps in it's price range for metal.
Quote by JoePerry4life
Well, they must be making up for something they don't have.

Seriously though, if they won't take you seriously unless you have a half stack, then it sounds to me like your town is full of noobs with spider half stacks and "Marshall half stacks" aka an mg half stack. So, grow some balls, buy a combo, show them what you can do with a nice combo rather than a crappy solid state half stack.

alright dude i wasnt asking you to talk ****.
and yes they are haha
Quote by s2ert
I personally like the amp, but i have come across some reviews about it that make it sound like a piece; Any input?

Out of interest, what other amps have you owned/played?
i really like this amp, i love the cleans and the distortion and crunch are good enough for me, it's a great sounding SS amp, i bought one that i use for band practice (i got the halfstack one, but if i could undo it i'd get the 120 watt combo.. but that's my only regret about it)
If it has the same sound as the early USA versions like the GLX and similar models then im sure it sounds pretty decent. I own a GLX combo (made in usa) and I think its actually a very good amp. the newer versions (flexwave) are made overseas to there may be some quality issues but im guessing the sound quality is similar.
my other guitarrist got one, the combo 212 version and...... its the WORST combination for my JCM 900... the WORSTTT
TH3 G3Ar
- JCM 900 SL-X and SV MKII 100HD with LIne 6 sv412
-Bunch of pedals ( WD,BM,NR-2...)
-Ibanez Universe uv777pbk,Rg 2550&321mh
-http://backtorlyeh.bandcamp.com/