Err, I have been having troubles with my guitar, it only produces sound when it's in overdrive. It's only a cheap one and it only started happening when I changed the strings, so.. I'm not sure.

If anyone can give me some advice I'd be grateful, and I hope this isn't in the wrong section.
does this happen on all of ur pickups? have u tried a different guitar in ur amp, or a different amp with ur guitar? it could either be the clean channel on ur amp is busted, or ur pickups are too weak. any cheap pickup should still produce a clean sound.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
once, one of my pickups got disconected somehow and whenerver i selected the bridge PU on clean it wouldn't sound. It would only do it on overdrive. Check your wiring.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Overdrive magnifies the signal, basically. So if it only produces sound with overdrive on, my first guess (after checking the amp's clean channel by cranking it and seeing if touching the cable makes buzz) would be that the guitar's electronics have a bad connection. Or possibly your cable sucks.
what amp do you have?
are you using an overdrive pedal, an overdrive channel in the amp, or a boost/gain circuit in the amp?

try using a different guitar with the same cable(s), pedal if you're using one, and amp.
then try the same guitar, cables, pedal, but use another amp.
try plugging the guitar into the amp directly, with no pedal, using different cables.

narrow it down to where the problem is actually coming from, and answer those first few questions..
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
does this happen on all of ur pickups? have u tried a different guitar in ur amp, or a different amp with ur guitar? it could either be the clean channel on ur amp is busted, or ur pickups are too weak. any cheap pickup should still produce a clean sound.

Yes I have tried and tested all of the pickups, they do not produce a clean sound.

I get hardly any sound when I have the cable jacked in on clean and I touch it.
Do you have a two channel amp , you may have lost a channel.
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.