wai2bvague.
What amp do you use? What metal tones exactly do you want? Have you tried the stock pickups? If so, what don't you like about them that you would like to change?
Please, for good answers, it would be best to answer the above questions as specific as you possibly can.
Quote by Baby Joel
wai2bvague.
What amp do you use? What metal tones exactly do you want? Have you tried the stock pickups? If so, what don't you like about them that you would like to change?
Please, for good answers, it would be best to answer the above questions as specific as you possibly can.

amp = Roland Cube 15x
I want it to sound kinda like this : http:// he has a Seymour Duncan Dimebucker
Um, he has terrible tone. Plus, how can you tell if you like that? It's taken through a freaking camera mic.

Also, amp first.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by I am the Devil
amp = Roland Cube 15x
I want it to sound kinda like this : http:// he has a Seymour Duncan Dimebucker
lol, fail-link.
try it this way:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUrYQ_j55EQ

I seriously doubt you can get a tone that bad out of a cube.
Try getting worse amp, like a Spider or an MG?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
^

exactly. That tone is terrible. I don't mean just normal 'oh, it's a beginner amp' bad, I mean 'WTF how did he do that, that sounds like a beehive crossed with an angry cat through an overloading camera mic' bad.

Also, he's using an MG100HDFX through an AVT200 with a guitar with a Dimebucker... WHAT THE HELL.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Oct 16, 2009,
Quote by oneblackened
^

exactly. That tone is terrible. I don't mean just normal 'oh, it's a beginner amp' bad, I mean 'WTF how did he do that, that sounds like a beehive crossed with an angry cat through an overloading camera mic' bad.
I'm gonna guess the overloading mic actually improves the sound.
My guess is, it's even worse in person.

EDIT: (to Post 10)
Quote by im still here
You're not funny or remotely helpful, you cocksucker.

Go die in a fire.
Ah, you again.
So lovely to see you crash and burn once more, my multi friend.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Oct 16, 2009,
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm gonna guess the overloading mic actually improves the sound.
My guess is, it's even worse in person.

Anyway TS, now I'm gonna be helpful.
No Dimebucker. If you want that, your tone will be so icepicky you won't want to play. Also, a nicer amp would be a better investment. It's not that cubes are bad (I use a microcube for practice) it's that you quite seriously won't notice a pickup change through it.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
upgrading your amp will help your sound a lot more than a guitar or pickups. sure, the cube is fine for practice, but if you're really going for good tone you should upgrade the amp first, then guitar, then pickups