Hey guys, I am on the lookout for a new guitar for drop tuning/down tunings. My current guitar is an Ibanez RG4EXFM1 and it has a floyd rose so its a huge pain to down tune it. The current guitar I am looking at is this:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Deluxe-EC1000-Electric-Guitar?sku=516629

what are your opinions/recommendations?
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Roland Cube 30x
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
LTD Ec-1000
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Which drop tuning are you gonna put it in?
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
Quote by Edgecrsuher

I have to disagree, I think Les Pauls sound awesome in drop tunings (especially drop C) I say stick to the LP, you can get a really powerful sound from them.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

I mainly want to play stuff from bands like In Flames, Trivium, and Bullet for my Valentine.

I want mainly a LP shaped guitar or an explorer shaped.
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Roland Cube 30x
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
LTD Ec-1000
Quote by dNWaKE
I mainly want to play stuff from bands like In Flames, Trivium, and Bullet for my Valentine.

I want mainly a LP shaped guitar or an explorer shaped.

Bullet usually play in Drop C so I say stick with the LP. Explorers are ok but after time they just get awkward

Quote by dNWaKE
Sorry but I think that guitar is hideous.

It's a LP shape...

It also has a deeper cutaway to reach the high notes. And it's 24 frets, so it would stay better under lower tension.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Quote by dNWaKE
Sorry but I think that guitar is hideous.

How? It looks pretty similar to the ESP that you want, with some slight changes(still a LP shape), and it will put out a pretty good metal tone.

Also, out of curiosity, have you actually played the guitar that you're looking at? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like that you're just judging by looks.(At least from the comment you made). I know where you're coming from though, you can't think that your instrument is hideous if you want to spend $800 on it, however at the end of the day it's the sound and feel that really matter.
Quote by Shreddinator666
How? It looks pretty similar to the ESP that you want, with some slight changes(still a LP shape), and it will put out a pretty good metal tone.

Also, out of curiosity, have you actually played the guitar that you're looking at? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like that you're just judging by looks.(At least from the comment you made). I know where you're coming from though, you can't think that your instrument is hideous if you want to spend $800 on it, however at the end of the day it's the sound and feel that really matter.

Thanks for understanding man. I am going to head down to the local Guitar Center after I get home today to try it out. I think that specific LP shape is ugly and I just cant spend that much money on something I dislike.
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Roland Cube 30x
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
LTD Ec-1000
What is your budget? You could probably pick up a used Ibanez RG321 for maybe $200-$250 and that would do well in drop tunings although you may need to file the nut to fit a larger string.