Page 1 of 3
A community I can belong to, words I can relate to, tunes I can sing along to, and a whole lot of subversion.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Cute girls.

i liek wen da band has a chick singer and is hawt amirite
Quote by sargasm
i liek wen da band has a chick singer and is hawt amirite

I prefer chick drummers.
Quote by neidnarb11890
I prefer chick drummers.

don't we all...
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Drummers are the ****.

I prefer male ones though.
Cory is a girl's name too.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
I raise you one bassist

I can't believe we're actually having this conversation
Quote by neidnarb11890
I prefer chick drummers.
cuz thar bewbz bounce around ololol
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by sargasm
I raise you one bassist

I can't believe we're actually having this conversation

yeah, but every girl plays bass...
that's not unique...

and I agree about your thoughts on the ridiculousness of this.

I don't really look for anything specifically in punk, but if it jumps out and bites me in the ass, then I hold on to that band.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Punk was never a genre, only a movement. '73 (New York Dolls) to '82 (Black Flag's first LP). Patti Smith, Talking Heads, Sex Pistols, Television, the first two Costello albums, Ramones... It was never a sound, because you can see those bands vary from each other.
Yeah that's why I love Sum 41. That have that punk attitude.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433

yeah +1 punk is about the **** you attitude and dont care what anyone thinks
For the most part it has to be "smart". But that could be in many ways such as views being well educated or the lyrics even to a degree the music. I don't like "**** this **** that **** it all with a baseball bat". I mean there are many exceptions to this rule of mine but punk seems to be the only music genre with anyone who knows what their talking about.
I like it to be different, intelligent, lyrics i relate to, good community, raw aggression, and some talent never hurt
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Good songs, honesty, integrity, interesting people, a 'trademark' sound and style, a cool attitude regarding the interaction between band and audience.

I'll think of more later.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good songs, honesty, integrity, interesting people, a 'trademark' sound and style, a cool attitude regarding the interaction between band and audience.

I'll think of more later.

Add to that a DIY attitude and a nice leftist political slant and your basically describing my perfect punk band. A sense of ironic humour also helps
Quote by element4433

+1
Quote by anarkee
Add to that a DIY attitude and a nice leftist political slant and you're basically describing my perfect punk band. A sense of ironic humour also helps.

DIY attitude, f*ck the f*ck yes. Specifically the DIY-ness adds to the whole musical qualities of the group.

But 'a nice leftist political slant'? That would be a grey area. If it's political and vaguely intelligent that sure, but if it's half-baked and shallow, no chance.

I'd rather listen a white power band that could formulate a decent argument* than a bunch of thick f*cking left-wing sheep that follow the old rawk against bush / praise barrack bandwagon.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'd rather hear deep songs about shallow subjects than vice versa.

You have to be careful with ironic humour, because minorities don't seem to be able to comprehend those things. The minute you put words like 'n*gger' or 'gollyw*g' into a song, you're a racist regardless of the context. Because when people feel threatened, ideas such as context go straight out of the window, and whitey gon' get brapped.

-----

Footnotes:

* as if, guffaw guffaw...
Last edited by BrianApocalypse at Oct 18, 2009,
^ a lot of white power punk bands actually write amazing songs.

but what i look for in punk is a bit different to what i used to...seeing as my musical tastes are a lot more varied now and punk doesn't make up 95% of what i listen to it's a bit different...good vocal melodies, something unique about them, and at the moment i prefer bands to sound a bit more rock n roll. but sometimes i prefer things to have that kind of darker melodic nature (a lot of songs of static age by the misfits for example.) speed doesn't bother me at all, they could play incredibly slow or incredibly fast, just as long as there's good riffs i'll usually like it.

and for some reason lyrics in northern european languages, especially when sung by women, sound amazing to me. no idea why.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Striking chords, fast riffs, smart lyrics, and good people.
Quote by stinger12345
Because the Bay Area is the ****.

Quote by RockGuitar92
I'd be like "wtf, bro?" Then I'd promptly ice the bitch.
good christian lyrics and morals
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by pistols
^ a lot of white power punk bands actually write amazing songs.
I must hear some examples because I'm actually pretty sure you're full of shit.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
i'll pm ya some names, i don't think people would be too happy if i start promoting nazi punk on UG
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
I thought of another one:

The band should also do a cheesy greaser movie (preferably with P.J. Soles and Mary Woronov) where the bass player has a shower scene.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
You have to be careful with ironic humour, because minorities don't seem to be able to comprehend those things. The minute you put words like 'n*gger' or 'gollyw*g' into a song, you're a racist regardless of the context. Because when people feel threatened, ideas such as context go straight out of the window, and whitey gon' get brapped.

Baby, Baby, Baby was a Rock n Roll ******!
******! ******! ******! ******! ******!

Lately I´ve been looking for imaginative bands, or at least bands that don´t try to copy Rise Against or Against Me! or Lawrence Arms.......lyrics always help, and to me they should be left wing, though convincing. Hearing some 15 years old idiots who can´t keep the rhythm singing about that they´re proletarians who get their beer in the cheapest supermarket is plain stupid and doesn´t help a song.
And the whole band has to have a coloured mohawk or spikes in at least 5 different colours and just a mohawk doesn´t help, there have to be at least little mohawks that go down to the ears and cut jeans, preferably bought cut, so that no amateur had cut them.
It doesn't need to fit all of the following, but a combination of at least 2:
- Energetic and creative
- Intelligent lyrics
- Variety from song to song
- Something completely original / out of the ordinary
- Talented vocalist
- Sing-along songs
- Politically pissed off
- Mega DIY ethics
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I thought of another one:

The band should also do a cheesy greaser movie (preferably with P.J. Soles and Mary Woronov) where the bass player has a shower scene.

Ok...you got me with that one
No idea. I listen to it, I like it, I continue listening.

I listen, I don't like it, I stop listening and curse the band's name forever and ever.

You know, that kind of thing.
Quote by pistols
i'll pm ya some names, i don't think people would be too happy if i start promoting nazi punk on UG

I think you already did...
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Page 1 of 3