Hey,

My mate needs some advise, he wants to get a reverb pedal and he need's it fast. he has a budget of £60, he plays melodic rock/classic rock.

Go for it guys

Thnx UG
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
EHX Nano Reverb, Digitech Hardwire Reverb,

guitarcenter.com
musiciansfriend.com

Check for his price range in reverb pedals, go to GC or whatever, try them out
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.
if he can find a used Malekko Spring Chicken, that'd be good. If not, the new Boss FRV1 sounds really nice for that kind of stuff.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I need uk sites guyz sorry i forgot to mention
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Proguitarshop has world wide shipping.
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
The T-Rex tonebug Reverb is Very good and well worth the price!
Hey Guys thanks for your help one final thing my mate needs to know if th Alesis nanoverb is true bypass?

Thanks ug
My Gig Rig...

i know this isnt what you want to hear, but does it really matter? true bypass is extremely over rated on UG. it is good if you are running short cable lengths and one or two pedals. if you run a good buffer in front of a few true bypass pedals that can work, but most people look for straight true bypass and it actually hurts your tone some. i would at least stick a good bypass pedal first and last in my chain, and since reverb would usually go last...

anyway, i highly doubt it is true bypass since the thing is a rack type unit.
Behringer make one for about €50 with a ton of different digital reverb models built in. It has a very impressive shimmer sound, if you like your U2, and some decent spring and plate sounds, but not sure how reliable or usable it would be for a live/studio situation. I'll try to find model no.
Gear:

Is what some junkies refer to heroin as. For me it's just loads of wires and good sturdy housing, but just as addictive.
Quote by nightraven
no it's not.
the nanoverb can only bypass using an external momentary footswitch - which you'd have to build yourself since i don't know of any you can buy. to TB it you could put it in a TB loop.
i highly advise against the nanoverb for using a normal reverb for adding depth/dimension to a rock tone. it's pretty cold sounding and it's only really useful for an ambient musician (but it's really awesome for that use). plus matching the preamp to your guitar sound is a hassle and not being able to bypass it properly makes it even worse. so i really don't think your friend would like it, or the other alesis cheap rack reverbs.
i think your best bet is the t-rex tonebug reverb. pretty versatile and sounds great for a classic reverb sound.

I didn't read the bit about 'melodic rock/classic rock' though. It's great in the loop of a small PA system to add air to a band, but for classic rock I don't think reverb is even worth the effort. On the downside the T-Rex, along with most other decent guitar-specific verbs, costs at least double the TS's £60 budget.

I play almost entirely classic/hard rock, and a touch of slapback delay on a cheapo Marshall 'Echohead' works really well for me.