Right here goes. It's High Tide Baby by The Blackout i worked out has 4 sharps in the guitar. It has F#,C#,G# and D# which i think makes the song in E. But my question is... I worked out the vocal melody on guitar for the chorus which is:

G,A,A
Woahh

I apologise for the summer time
G,G,G,F#,D, D, D, G, F#, D

Soo the main notes are G,A,F# and D for the vocal melody in the chorus. The song sounds like its in tune but it doesnt make any sense if the song is in E and the guitar is playing sharps.

Why wouldnt the vocal have sharps too?

Thanks for you time and i hope this makes sense lol.
A temporary modulation into the parallel minor? D natural is the 7th in E minor, and G natural is the 3rd in E minor. I'll try to find the song and have a listen and update my post if i find anything different.
You transcribed the melody wrong. It should be a half step lower. Your guitar was likely out of tune when you transcribed it. F# G# G# is the woah part. Someone correct me if this seems wrong, but it sounds right to my ears.
Yeah, I listened to the song and it all sounds really diatonic... so I think SKAtastic might be right. Don't have a guitar on me to check, though.
I listened to the song. The verse and chorus go F# Maj, B Maj, D# Min, C# maj

The lines;

F# G#
Wooah

F# F# F D D D F# F D
I apolo-gise for the sum-mer time

The song is in F# maj. Unsuprisingly, the vocal lines follow the F# major scale.

I noticed the formatting came out weird, you can figure it out.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Last edited by AlanHB at Oct 16, 2009,
Yeah listening back again, i wrote out the melody wrong - duhhh!

AlanHB you are right with the notes you put except the D should be a C#. So now i totally understand now.

Thanks for all your help
Quote by guitaristben
Yeah listening back again, i wrote out the melody wrong - duhhh!

AlanHB you are right with the notes you put except the D should be a C#. So now i totally understand now.

Thanks for all your help

Haha. I wrote out the melody wrong too :P

As you learn more songs by ear, you'll realise how common this chord progression is.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud