Hi.
My valves are starting to sound a bit muddy as I've had them in my amp for about 10 months now, whilst playing in a gigging band. I have a Fender Deluxe 30 Watt Amp with the code on the two valves being GT6L6C.

I have a few questions about this issue if you could help me out please!!!

1) How do I know what valves I am looking for?
2) How can I find the best quality sounding valves for my specific Fender Deluxe 30 Watt Amp? (I prefer more of a brighter sound)
3) Can I replace the valves myself or should I get a professional to do it? i.e Is it easy to replace the valves!?
4) What steps are involved in changing the valves?

Thanks a lot, any help would be much appreciated!
Jack.
And also, how much are the better valves likely to cost compared to the weaker quality valves?
Thanks
1. You need 6L6GC valves
2. GT stands for Groove Tubes, which imo are not the best you can get. Tung Sols are considered better (and brighter sounding) so see if you can find some Tung Sol 6L6s
3. I'm not sure on this particular amp but generally if you don't know what a capacitor is, or what a bias probe does or what plate voltage means then you may want to get someone to help you or do it for you.
4. See #3
5. You can spend up to $100 for a real good power tube (or more) but generally something in the $20 - $30 per tube range will do.

*email Doug at dougstubes.com and get his opinion. You may also want to replace the preamp tube closest to your power tubes while you are at it.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
1. You need 6L6GC valves
2. GT stands for Groove Tubes, which imo are not the best you can get. Tung Sols are considered better (and brighter sounding) so see if you can find some Tung Sol 6L6s
3. I'm not sure on this particular amp but generally if you don't know what a capacitor is, or what a bias probe does or what plate voltage means then you may want to get someone to help you or do it for you.
4. See #3
5. You can spend up to $100 for a real good power tube (or more) but generally something in the $20 - $30 per tube range will do.

*email Doug at dougstubes.com and get his opinion. You may also want to replace the preamp tube closest to your power tubes while you are at it.

Nice 311, I think you've got it covered.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
1. You need 6L6GC valves
4. See #3

Would these be correct for my case then:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6L6GC-STR-TUNG-SOL-matched-Pair-NEU-Roehren-new-6L6_W0QQitemZ370273701572QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDE_Elektronik_Computer_TV_Video_Elektronik_Verst%C3%A4rker?hash=item5636084ec4

Thanks a lot for your help!!