Would you guys go for a new Washburn D10s or a Used Taylor 110? Taylor is 50 dollars more than the Washburn.
I played the Washburn and loved it, its definitely worth the price.
I haven't played that specific Taylor, but I didn't like the ones I have played.
Between those two I'd go with the Taylor. But that's mainly because I love mine. Play them both and see which you like better. Alot of people say Taylor's are overpriced but I'd say they're more worth there price used .
I really want the Taylor but i cant play this particular one. I have played several Taylor 110's I have also played the Washburn. All the Taylors were 100% alike. So im assuming this one will be the same.
Just get whatever feels best to you, dude. It doesn't matter what we think in the end. If you play like a mofo, no one will judge your guitar.
honestly Buck's Student's advice is the best. get the one that sounds and feels best to you. if it were me, i'd go for the taylor - overall washburns haven't impressed me much. also wondering what year the 110 is because the ones 2006 and before are solid wood, not just solid top.
Im trying to get more info on the Taylor i will let you know. Im leaning towards the taylor also.
Quote by patticake
also wondering what year the 110 is because the ones 2006 and before are solid wood, not just solid top.

Sorry to hijack but is that true? I know they moved production out of the USA in 06ish. I'm curious because mine's an 03. It'd be cool to know if it's all solid wood. I assumed it wasn't.
Yeah that would be nice to know for sure if the older ones are solid wood
i can't remember if the taylor 100 and 200 series went laminate IN 2006 or after, but the 2005s and before of the 100s and 200s are all solid. there are a lot of references to this in such places as acoustic guitar forum, ebay and so on.

Quote by BlockFour
Sorry to hijack but is that true? I know they moved production out of the USA in 06ish. I'm curious because mine's an 03. It'd be cool to know if it's all solid wood. I assumed it wasn't.
never played either... but id prefer a taylor. im like in love with them :L.

go to local shops & give them a blast! even if they dont have that model, still have a go of a washburn and a taylor.
Well guys i got the Taylor....It is a 2005 model. Pretty much perfect condition with the gig bag. 384$ shipped

Also i cant find a single thing that says the older 110's are solid wood. I saw a 2003 review and it said laminate....if anyone has read this post a link...Thanx
Last edited by kmyers18 at Oct 17, 2009,
i apologize. it's only the 200 models, but i still like the 100s a lot - and way more than the washburns.

congrats!
Thank you thank you!!! Im hoping that it will be better than the Squier SA-100 i been playing...LOL