ok there's a garage sale next door. There is a gd-condition MARSHALL MG Series 30 DFX amp for $80. What do you guys think? Should I get it?
I wouldn't, and most people here will agree, MGs aren't very good. Although, it's not a bad price, if it's just your first practise amp.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Thats the amp I use and love it... some bad reviews but I bought mine for 115 in great condition and love it, sounds great if your into classic rock and blues. cheers!
GUITARS
Burswood Acoustic
Squier Affinity Strat
Fender Tele Deluxe
BASS
Ibanez Jetking bass
AMPS
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey max 158 bass amp
Fender Bassman 250
1979 Carvin of some sort
And some pedals
4 months here and you don't know the consensus on the MG? Unless they're paying YOU, don't bother...
I actually had the misfortune to play one, and the one thing I didn't like was the distortion.
Its just DISTORTIONKJHIUWBDKJ. nothing less. i think i played a 10w'er, not sure though, and the only controls on the distortion channel were: Volume, Gain, and Contour. if all you want is like, crushing, then yes, its good, but theres not much tonal versatility.
Quote by acdclandon
Buy it and flip for like 50 bucks.

It's $80, so flipping it for $50 is...
buy a pedal instead

unless your amp right now is worse, which is highly unlikely. Then buy it.
dont let it tempt you into buying cause like me who would waste money into getting something better
Quote by I am the Devil
ok there's a garage sale next door. There is a gd-condition MARSHALL MG Series 30 DFX amp for $80. What do you guys think? Should I get it?

I'd go for it if it's your first amp.
Threads like this aren't gonna make me any money.

I have a MG for sale, anyone wanna buy it?
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
Quote by I am the Devil

it's cheap because not only is it crap, it's obsolete - there's a new improved line of MGs that's been on sale for about 8 months or so, which are actually a lot better (meaning, they aren't great but they are usable at the very least - the old DFX models were absolute crap).
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Call me a bastard, I just sealed the deal to sell my 30DFX for $200 to a sucker.

Gasp *you Bastard* gasp
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
I think you should only buy an amp if you like it. Don't cheap out on gear, even if it's just for practice. You'll only regret it later on.
Ibanez JEM 555 > Line 6 POD XT Live > Behringer MS16 Monitor Speakers

"Asked us if we were happy, we said we didn't know...
Took us by the hands and up we go..."

Italians do it better.
Quote by SG310user
Call me a bastard, I just sealed the deal to sell my 30DFX for $200 to a sucker.

Gasp *you Bastard* gasp

Bastard? You're my hero! I need to sell mine but no one seems interested so I'm just gunna include it in the part-ex towards my guitar.

TS Don't do it. ever. srsly.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

I had an MG, it is awful in so many ways. The clean sound is so flat and dry and the distortion is so harsh and tinny. I wouldn't even take that amp if it was given to me for free
Quote by SG310user

Gasp *you Bastard* gasp

That's just downright low...
Gear:

Is what some junkies refer to heroin as. For me it's just loads of wires and good sturdy housing, but just as addictive.
Got to wonder why your neighbour is selling it. If you haven't heard him playing it ever, it obviously speaks a lot for the amp too...