Page 1 of 2
I'm talking like guitar/bass/etc effects.

I personally cannot stand distortion + chorus, every time I accidentally put on chorus while I have distortion or vice versa it just sounds so bad! I mean I'm sure in some context it can sound good, but I just hate it.

Now your turn!
Effects suck, aside from wah.

And harmonizers, if you consider that an effect.

Overdrive too if you want to play dumb.
I think effects allow you to find a tone you want, a sound in your head. They help shape songs, solos, riffs... The possibilities are endless.

I have always felt that shunning them all off is close-minded. That's just me.
Ringmod and ANYTHING.
Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Laney VC30
Boss DS-2
Quote by Buck's Student
I think effects allow you to find a tone you want, a sound in your head. They help shape songs, solos, riffs... The possibilities are endless.

I have always felt that shunning them all off is close-minded. That's just me.

This isn't shunning them, I love effects personally, nothing like a clean channel with some chorus, love it, or some just raw overdrive to make ya feel bad ass.

But those two together suck ass, thats what this thread is.
Quote by whitenihilist
Phaser + Tremolo?

Ill agree on the wah + phaser though. Im not a huge fan
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet

I think everything listed so far sounds great. Except harmonisers. So I say: harmonisers and anything.

Play your own damn harmonies, people.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Voicebox + Wah?

2 wahs at once?

I want to try these or hear them...
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
I'm not sure.

But i've recently discovered the beautiful gift that is the Compressor.

I have not been living.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by Night_Warrior
Talkbox and..... anything else, especially Whammy

lol I have the Rocktron Banshee and it's ALWAYS first in the FX loop.. I don't want ANYTHING going through it, always sounds so bad lol.
Phaser+anything

.....I'm just not a fan of using the phaser.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
Quote by Sewn Up
Phaser+anything

.....I'm just not a fan of using the phaser.

Eddie Van Halen begs to differ.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by IsThereLoveInSp

Ill agree on the wah + phaser though. Im not a huge fan

IDK I just guessed. I have not actually tried it, it just seems like it would get out of hand.

Quote by Momentosis
Voicebox + Wah?

2 wahs at once?

I want to try these or hear them...

SRV played a song with 2 wah pedals. One open and one closed .When he played live he had to use Duct Tape to keep them in sync, as he rarely sat down at a concert.
Quote by Grindar

Lol nah. I like lots of effects (if used correctly). My personal favourite is probably Reverse Echo. Beautiful. But it sounds like **** with distortion, and obviously wah (how can anybody think they'd go together?).
I have a harmonizer on my ME50, and I've yet to make it sound good, its always just awful.
Quote by tancanada
tremolo+anything
Only after the 90's. Tremolo, and many other effects were used tastefully back in the day.
How can you have a bad ass old school western riff going on your guitar without tremolo!
Quote by Grindar

What a pro, I tell you what....

Combining a Digitech Grunge and Synth Wah pedal is pure ear rape. Never do it.
Quote by redneckrebel
Wow...just wow

A clapstack? My life is complete.
Distortion + Overdrive. Duh.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by Cymbalez
How can you have a bad ass old school western riff going on your guitar without tremolo!

People don't use it like that anymore unfortunately.

They go way way overboard with it. Promiently in Nu-Metal
Quote by Cymbalez
lol I have the Rocktron Banshee and it's ALWAYS first in the FX loop.. I don't want ANYTHING going through it, always sounds so bad lol.

Your talkbox should be the first in your rig. No effects should go into your banshee.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Last edited by Vauxite at Oct 16, 2009,
Quote by Vauxite
Your talkbox should be the first in your rig. No effects should go into your banshee.

That's exactly what I said? No effects go into my talkbox - my guitar goes into it, then it goes into all the rest, then the rest into the amp.
I'm one of those freaks who actually likes chorus + distortion sometimes. Only in the right circumstances though. Basically whenever I'm playing in like a Nintendo-Metal style.
I heard a Mars Volta song that used what was I think ring mod well, otherwise that's objectively the worst effect, unless you want to sound like a dalek singing.

And I hate chorus, TBH. Cleans sound far better with slight overdrive or reverb, and with distortion it's just a fucking mess.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Oct 16, 2009,
Quote by Cymbalez
Nintendo sound is what ring mods are for!

The ringmod was around FAR before the Nintendo. I think that Steely Dan used a ring mod a couple of times.

I nominate "Nintendo-Metal" as the most retaded sub-genre of all time...OF ALL TIME!!
I'd say distortion+chorus is pretty gross, but then I think of Death From Above 1979, and all is well.

Maybe different mod effects at different rates that clash horribly.
You + Your mom in bed = ....
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Page 1 of 2